Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What is your favorite Twister?

What is your favorite Twister?

Since so many people have done Twister projects, I was wondering what is your favorite Twister? Also, which of the 4 sizes of Twister rulers do you use most? (Twister, Lil Twister, Primitive Pinwheel or Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheel). Lastly, is there something you'd like to make a Twister of?

Power Poster
    I like all the ones I've seen so far, boo, Christmas tree, bunny, square, trip around the world but my favorite is the heart for a baby quilt. I see you have an Uncle Sam twister in your Avatar. That is one I've never seen before. What other ones are there?

I bought the twister ruler, but have not used it. I bought it in aticipation of a class I was taking with my guild. We ended up using a "twister" ruler by Marti Michelle, that gives you the same results, but works differently. From what I understand, Marti's ruler works better than the original twister, because you don't have to create a top and then cut it apart. Her ruler allows you to cut the four different peices from the one ruler, and the she has a pattern to put it all together. Once I figured it out, I had fun with it. I also allows you to cut 8 sizes with the same ruler. It's called Tessellating Windmills. Gina

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I like all the ones I've seen so far, boo, Christmas tree, bunny, square, trip around the world but my favorite is the heart for a baby quilt. I see you have an Uncle Sam twister in your Avatar. That is one I've never seen before. What other ones are there?
    Some of the ones that are out: heart, shamrock, bunny, Easter cross, flag, Uncle Sam, pumpkin, jack-o-lantern, witch hat, Christmas tree, wreath, reindeer, cactus, cowboy boot, music note, joy, truck, flowers and a Texas flag. There are also a variety of quilts.

Blog Entries
    Where can you find patterns? I've seen several of them but not all.
    Every Sunrise brings a blessing

If you are looking for larger quilts, www.country-schoolhouse.com (who created the rulers) has 2 books out. If you want some fun wall hangings or baby quilts: www.marthadzines.com, www.handcraftsbyjennifer.com, and www.gatheringroomquiltshop.com all have different shaped Twisters. I'm sure there are other sites, but those are the ones I know most people like.
    Last edited by Handcraftsbyjen; 07-01-2012 at 12:48 PM.

My total favorite is one I just saw at the Vermont Quilt Festival. It was all lights - lavendars, blues, greens and so soft and gorgeous!!! I have a picture but am not sure it's "legal" to post.
    Pat

How big is your Uncle Sam and which size twister did you use to make him?
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

Quote Originally Posted by katkat1946 View Post
    My total favorite is one I just saw at the Vermont Quilt Festival. It was all lights - lavendars, blues, greens and so soft and gorgeous!!! I have a picture but am not sure it's "legal" to post.
    I saw a cool pastel Twister by someone in Maine that was like a Trip Around The World and it was in blues, greens and I don't remember the other colors. I wonder if that's what you saw. Too bad you can't share a picture. It sounds like beautiful summer colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    Since so many people have done Twister projects, I was wondering what is your favorite Twister? Also, which of the 4 sizes of Twister rulers do you use most? (Twister, Lil Twister, Primitive Pinwheel or Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheel). Lastly, is there something you'd like to make a Twister of?
    This is a mini I did with cheater fabric and a 2" twister ruler
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image