Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is your "go to" quilting book?

Another vote for Eleanor Burns. When I was beginning she was the one that made it simple.
    Her triangle square up ruler is a must have. She has lots of her videos on her website Quilt In A Day.
    Videos of Missouri Star on You Tube are very good for beginners also. They just published their first magazine called Quilting Quickly.

Heirloom Machine Quilting by Harriet Hargrave is my goto for quilting. She covers everything from needles and threads to FMQ techniques.

The internet! Most of what I know about quilting, I learnt from the internet. Most of the patterns on my 'ta-do' list came from the internet. When I run in to issues w/my longarm, I usually find the solution on the internet! I love the internet lol

PS And I love Jennie Doan from the Missouri Quilt Company and all her free quick quilt tutes!

Mine is anything Eleanor Burns and Better Homes and Gardens Complete Guide to Quilting. I like that they explain everything with words and photographs, vs. drawings. I also love Sewing with Nancy - she does quilts too, and techniques, like appliqué.

Eleanor Burns here also.

I am a Terry Atkinson fan...also Judy Martin and Eleanor Burns. Funny thing..I have been quitling since the early -80s and just discovered Eleanor! You can see all her TV shows for free on her website.
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2