Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What's the difference

Blog Entries
    between a scrap and a crumb??? I've been cutting this afternoon and realized I'm throwing pieces away that someone might consider a crumb. How small or large are crumbs??

it was explaoned to me as
    crumbs r anything small than 2 inches
    scraps any odd shaped or 2-12 inches ( or any left over u have no plan for)

Blog Entries
    Thanks for asking! I didn't know that either!!

crumbs can be the little corners you cut off when stitching on the diagonal and trimming, or any small piece you don't want to deal with. i keep different baskets under my cutting table, one for strips- anything narrower than 2" goes into it- i use those for hooking rugs or wrapped clothesline projects- a basket for larger strips (still used for quilting) then a basket for small pieces- the little corners ect- that one is the one i dig through for applique pieces and then a basket for larger scraps. about the only thing that goes into the trash is threads- slivers. everything else is usable either by me or i share.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    crumbs can be the little corners you cut off when stitching on the diagonal and trimming, or any small piece you don't want to deal with. i keep different baskets under my cutting table, one for strips- anything narrower than 2" goes into it- i use those for hooking rugs or wrapped clothesline projects- a basket for larger strips (still used for quilting) then a basket for small pieces- the little corners ect- that one is the one i dig through for applique pieces and then a basket for larger scraps. about the only thing that goes into the trash is threads- slivers. everything else is usable either by me or i share.
    Thanks for the great ideas. I'll have to get some baskets and move the trashcan away from my cutting area.

I've got some pretty crummy scraps then.