Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's next? >

What's next?

What's next?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:32 AM

Other than making a couple baby quilts, I don't plan to start any new projects until I clean up some of my UFO's!!

I am going to make a list within the next couple of days so I will let you know how many their are when I finish the list! LOL I know there's ALOT!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:51 AM

Your new project sounds great! I'm doing a BOM quilt hosted by this site. It's the first time for me doing this type of project. Already completed the first block and looking forward to the next. Aside from that, I will continue to work on a quilt for my Godson. Using a "sampler" of sorts for blocks, I've chosen patriotic themed fabric.
Happy New Year!!!
-Pat :) :) :)
Old 01-05-2009, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by blahel
Well i had planned on making mum a lap quilt for when she is in her wheelchair but life has its ups and downs and unfortunately mum passed away before i could even start making it. i already have the fabrics which i had specially selected for her and now i just look at them and stroke them and think of mum.
But life goes on and because i am a newbie to quilting I take forever to make anything.I still enjoy the challenges that quilting brings and am looking forward to trying progressively more difficult projects.
I have just started making my 16 year old son a drunkards path quilt in black and white but dont hold your breath as it could be years before it is completed! :roll:
I think i will make the cats a blanket each as well this year as they are definitely achievable for me! My other thought is to make my dad a quilt but want to make him something really special so will have to put my thinking cap on...
I am sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. Take that fabric that you were going to use for her quilt and make one for yourself. Everytime you snuggle under it will be hugs from her.
Am also so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. Yes, make yourself a special quilt to wrap up in. Remember the good times, wish I had been quilting when my Mom passed, would love to have had something like that.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:21 AM

My list is way too long :-o

I'm completing my second round of IRR
Making Christmas blocks for the RR
Making Blue/White stars for exchange
Gathering fabrics for Valentine exchange
UFO list:
Finishing my BF's wedding quilt-only 2 years now! :shock:
Finishing quilt for my Dad, his 84th BD is the end of this month-will post pics soon. On row 2 of 3, and all cut out. Will quilt by hand, hopefully with finish on time---- :?:
Making a quilt for gniece, pattern and fabrics bought
Making a quilt for gnephew, pattern and fabrics bought
Have quilt cut out for son, who helps support me
Have fabrics for a quilt for ME, a turning twenty in french blue, yellow, and white-will complete this year
Have two quilts in the planning stage - but will finish above FIRST

Now that I have discovered my sewing machine, piecing is going MUCH faster :wink: but the hand quilting is not. I did find a wonderful set of quilting sharps with big golden eyes at Hancocks that is making the hand quilting go smoother.

I really love this board, it keeps me going on days I have no energy.
Thank you for being my strength.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:24 AM

Working on the campanion quilt for my son.

Two other "leftover" quilts (that's what DH called them since I have cuts of fabric leftover from straight borders that were big enough to provide substantial yardage).

Our quilt with tiny applique. This is a labor of love.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

Oh wow...my list changes everyday.

I have (as of today)

2 IRR groups going
Blue & white star block swap
Baby quilt (design is in my head) for my friend's daughter
couple of shirts to embroider for Angus youth group auction
Sandwiching & quilting Heartsong quilt for DH
Use the Challenge Block swap blocks for 2 animal shelter raffle quilts
Blue & White quilt kit by Alex Anderson- want to start
A shabby rose quilt kit -need to finish cutting and then piece/quilt
A table runner for MY kitchen

The kits came in a box of other ebay fabrics and I'd like to put them together. I'm considering taking another class to learn a new technique at my LQS
Old 01-05-2009, 05:53 AM

I will be working on my DGS Eagle scout quilt. I will have foot surgery on the 13th so I have been planning & getting the center block ready. I plan to applique an eagle on a block in the center of the quilt. The rest of it I will use the boy scout print fabrics. I don't have a 'pattern' picked yet because I want the eagle on it & I'm not sure how that will work out. I figure the applique will keep me busy when I can't get downstairs to my sewing room!

I will also cut out some blocks for another quilt I plan to give some friends we will be visiting in Texas in March as a hospitality gift. Also, I plan to cut out the blocks for a quilt (throw) for us. That should get me through the worst of the pain/cast period. I know I won't be able to stand and cut or quilt for a time.

Polly
Old 01-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Banned

organizing my sewing room :oops:
Old 01-05-2009, 06:14 AM

sigh . . . i'm still working on christmas gifts. i gave my mom her triple irish chain for christmas, but i hadn't finished the quilting on it. i still need to piece a backing and quilt my DH's t-shirt quilt. then i will get started on some things i want to do like play more with my embroidery machine and the new Cricut electronic cutter that is headed my way. can't wait to see how it cuts fabric! supposed to be really cool!

i need to put in a requisition for an extra 3-4 hours a day!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Banned

my plan is to finish some ufo's and get the Hinterberg EZ Quilt frame put together so I can get them quilted by hand. My daughter's baby shower is at the end of this month so I need to get about 5 quilts done for that. Easy utility quilts she can wash repeatedly. Oh, and find my cell phone charger! it is somewhere in this house.