Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the reason for......

Binding clips? When putting the binding on a quilt, why do so many people use binding clips (I think that's what they are called) instead of using pins? I have been using pins but wonder if the clips would be better. Sometimes I have a hard time going through all those layers. Is this why clips are used?

Thanks

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I have not used clips, but think I might get some. I am always getting stabbed by the pins as I work my way around the quilt. Binding clips will stop this. Thanks for the question so I could think about it!

Blog Entries
    I use pins but the clips don't have points to poke me with. I think I'll try them soon.

I have in the past (when I first started quilting) used binding clips, the ones I had looked like oversized "pop" clips that I put in my six year olds hair! I used them instead of pins to keep from stabbing myself. Also since I have children and hate putting my project away in a closet every time I have to get up from it the clips keep them from getting stabbed or losing a pin. It also keeps the cats from pulling pins out and "eating" them!

Now I don't use any clips, I use a ladder stitch to attach my binding and I find it hard to do this if the binding is held onto the quilt tight!

I love the clips!

Blog Entries
    The clips don't have pokey points. They hold the binding more flat than the pins too. I really like them.

I use the clips and like the way the binding lays for stitching.

I use the clips also. I find they're especially nice when doing the mitering of cornors.

I use the clips...but I use the hair clips...they are cheaper than the binding clips! Same thing...just cheaper!

They don't poke like pins, making binding a quilt much more comfortable! :)

I love those binding clips. When I'm machine piecing the binding down, I just pluck them off as I go.... I keep the little tub that I keep the clips in right next to my machine and when I take them off they go right back to where they came from. I can't say enough about them They are GREAT!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast