Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14

Thread: What's the size of your largest square ruler?

I have a 12 1/2", 15" and 20"; love the 15" the most. I got my 20" square from Hancock's of Paducah.

Blog Entries
    151/2 is my largest.

I purchased a large piece (18x22) of acrylic at Menards and an acrylic cutter for $1.99 because I needed an 18 in square and didn't want to spend so much on a ruler I didn't think I would use very often. My plan worked - almost. While cutting the acrylic, the one corner broke off. So I just took another ruler and laid it on top of the broken corner while cutting my blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Baird
    The 20-1/2"...don't use it lots, but when I need it it's great for squaring up applique blocks.

I also use it for a faux-lightbox. I tape my applique layout sheet to the ruler (so it doesn't move), put an 'under-the-counter-fluorescent-light-stick' in an empty (shock!) Sterilite container (66 qt, I think) and then the ruler over the top...background fabric on top of that so I can place my applique shapes.

It's nice to be able to move the ruler around to get the best light for where I'm working.

Does that make sense?

I don't think I've met a square ruler that I didn't like...

Julie
    Thank you for this idea! I may just use it every now and again! I usually tape every thing to my storm door and turn the outside lights on with the inside lights off, LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lots2do
    Hi all,
    I'm working on a Disappearing 9 patch. Have been tempted to buy a larger ruler to square up my blocks but am wondering how much use I'd get out of it.
    Thanks,
    lots2do
    I have one 61/2"x 24 inch and a 12x61/2 ruler which I use all the time. I also have a 4inch square ruler which is always handy for squaring up HST blocks for 31/2 inch squares,

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14