Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's a Stash?

Went to WalMart today and the 5 yard bolts which are normally $5 were reduced to $2.00 each - granted not LQS quality but depending on what you are going to use it for - not bad.

Anyways, I restrained myself and only bought 5 bolts! When I got home, my DH said - what are you going to make out of this fabric? I told him I didn't know but will add it to my stash. I told him that at .40 cents a yard I couldn't turn it down.

He asked: "Why didn't you buy all of the bolts?"

Going back tomorrow! :lol:

Wow, your DH is an exception from the rule. Mine is good about purchases but is really puzzled as to why I feel the need to cut up fabric and sew it to other cut up fabrics......... I suppose he has a point, but not sure in direction it points! LOL

Blog Entries
    I love your DH's way of thinking :D:D:D

Wow...you only bought 5 bolts at $2 each? I would have come home with a trunk full. LOL What a deal, I wanna go shop at your walmart!!

Great bargain!

You all make me lol. I want to tell you when I was not sure what I was doing and saw my daughter wrote me and said LOL. I wrote back on a serious note and ended it with LOL. I thought is meant Love you Lots! Dah!

Quote Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Wow, your DH is an exception from the rule. Mine is good about purchases but is really puzzled as to why I feel the need to cut up fabric and sew it to other cut up fabrics......... I suppose he has a point, but not sure in direction it points! LOL
    Thought I wrote that one!!! we must be married to the "same guy", makes me jealous of the creator of this post, she's a lucky lady!!!

Thought I wrote that one!!! we must be married to the "same guy", makes me jealous of the creator of this post, she's a lucky lady!!![/quote]

Yes - I am pretty lucky - been married 40+ years!

You are lucky - my Walmart had only the yuckiest material at the whole bolt $5 bin. Sheer material, old polyester type, nothing remotely quilt fabric at all.

Blog Entries
    funny thing about spouses who actually "get you". From what I know of my friends at work--you are the lucky one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast