Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with me?

What's wrong with me?

I don't know what my problem is. I love picking out fabrics, I piece blocks happily, putting them together with or without sashing is no problem, adding borders can be fun, sandwiching is ok, but making myself sit down to start the actual quilting is next to impossible. What's wrong with me?
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Maybe you're just apprehensive about the results,so you don't move on. That first stitch, like the first step of a journey, can be the hardest. Do you machine or hand quilt? If you are FMQ on a machine, do something small like a table runner to get the feel of it & then do sections of your quilt. Before you know it, you'll have it done & you'll be really pleased with yourself! We all have parts of quilting that are fear inducing, so you are not alone!

I don't think there's a thing wrong with you!
    There's just parts of "the process" we like better.

You must be my sister . I get to the quilting part and just stop. It takes weeks to get up enough nerve to put that first stitch in the quilt.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I get stuck at all different places during the process of each quilt I make for no reason I just move on until that spirit hits me again which is why I have all those ufo's! Hahaha

I used to be like that when it came to fmq. I was afraid to find out that I couldn't do it. Once I did it a couple of times, I found out that my stitches were fairly good. I was afraid that my stitches would be all over the place. I found out that it was fun. You just need to jump in and do it. Good luck.
    Sue

I used to be like that when it came to fmq. I was afraid to find out that I couldn't do it. Once I did it a couple of times, I found out that my stitches were fairly good. I was afraid that my stitches would be all over the place. I found out that it was fun. You just need to jump in and do it. Good luck.
    Sue

Sorry for the double post. Don't know what happened.
    Sue

Sorry you have that problem. I enjoy all of the quilting process. I am happy to get one done so I can start another. I have a rule for myself. I totally finish one quilt before starting another.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
    You must be my sister . I get to the quilting part and just stop. It takes weeks to get up enough nerve to put that first stitch in the quilt.
    I'm your sister too! Perhaps we are long lost triplets, separated at birth!

I hate the actual quilting and like both of you, I have to psych myself into starting the actual quilting.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast