Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this picture?

What's wrong with this picture?

I kept looking and looking at this 'attic window' block because something seemed wrong (far right). I couldn't figure out what it was for a couple of days then the DUH factor kicked in and I was blinded by the light. As soon as I can see again, I'll be froggin' that dang thing. Name:  what's wrong with this picture.jpg
Views: 4150
Size:  288.5 KB
    Last edited by wildyard; 05-05-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: to clarify
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Be sure and show us an 'after' picture. You just need a darker fabric for one side and it will be fine.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

LOL, I've been staring at this for too long, trying to figure out what's wrong. It's all a matter of perspective, isn't it? There are many ways to do attic windows, and it's somehow harder when there's only one window. So you just have to decide what the perspective is and then choose the angles and darks/lights accordingly, right?

I like this implementation of attic windows, because you are looking directly into the center windows. http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com...c-windows.html

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    For me one of the best ways to catch a mistake is to look at the project over my shoulder with a mirror; not sure why this works but it does nearly every time.
    I also use the wrong end of my binoculars to create distance -- this helps me ascertain value changes, overall pattern appeal, and mis-turned blocks.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

love your theme for the quilt it will all come out all right.
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

Blog Entries
    ha ha ha . been there!! I usually make a test block and keep it close so I keep the lefty-top-righty-bottoms straight in complicated blocks. The seam ripper is my friend.
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

I find snapping a picture with my phone and then looking at it can help locate "not really right" parts of a quilt. Probably has the same effect as the binoculars.

Welcome to the club. And you discovered what you wanted to change BEFORE you finished the project.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

you caught it at a great stage. My poor roomate had her completed top hanging on the clothes line for the picture when we discovered two HST's turned wrong!
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ok, I am not sure what you want to frog, is it that the window frame should have the dark & light switched, or is it that the top part of the blocks is cut off pattern and dots disappear across the line?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast