Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When choosing machines... >

When choosing machines...

When choosing machines...

Old 08-14-2014, 06:56 AM

Please check out the Sharon Schambler you tube video on her embroidery quilts. Her video is about 2 hours long, so she doesn't miss a step in how to do it. They are GEORGOUS!!!! Here is the link to her Pickle Promenade quilt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCiX7r1WXno

It makes you want to embroider!!!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:54 PM

What an amazing talent! It reminds me of art quilts more than traditional quilts and I think it's much more than I want to tackle. But her work is beautiful. Thanks for the link it was very informative and I enjoyed watching the video. I am so impressed with what she can do.

Originally Posted by SmickChick View Post
Please check out the Sharon Schambler you tube video on her embroidery quilts. Her video is about 2 hours long, so she doesn't miss a step in how to do it. They are GEORGOUS!!!! Here is the link to her Pickle Promenade quilt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCiX7r1WXno

It makes you want to embroider!!!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:58 PM

Cathy, you are right about the learning curve. If I just stitch in the ditch and do echo and outline quilting and a little fmq I am satisfied with my quilting. It's the embroidery work that I want to improve on and that is where I am most frustrated.
Originally Posted by cathyre View Post
Sad you have not been happy with the standard of the quilting with your machine , I have had
great success with my Bernina 830 and look to it to quilt as much as I can , but I do agree it is a learning curve , but one I have enjoyed . Cathy
Old 08-14-2014, 06:02 PM

Sandygirl, you are spot on with what I am dealing with, perhaps I do need to do as you suggest and only use the embroidery motifs with the top and batting. Thanks for your suggestion, it's something I haven't tried and hopefully that will keep me happy with my results.

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
To clarify.....She is referring to using the embroidery function to quilt her projects. Not the sewing function. I have a Janome 9900 combo and a Janome 9700 combo. I learned early on that the machine embroidery designs for "quilting" do not have pretty backs. I would suggest quilting the batting and top with the embroidery design motifs then finish the real quilting of 3 layers using the sewing function. Embroidery is embroidery.

sandy
Old 08-14-2014, 06:07 PM

Nabobw, You sound very efficient with the use of your machine! That's where I want to be!

Nammie to 7 and Wolph ---Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:00 AM

Sharon Schambers videos are nice except I have a hard time watching due to all those hand movements.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by MamaHen View Post
Sharon Schambers ... all those hand movements.
Whoa! She is one lady who really knows how to talk with her hands!!! I saw a youtube video of another woman, and said to myself, "that MUST be Sharon S's daughter."…it was!
Old 08-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

I can't handle much in the way of complicated machines