Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When Life Gets in the Way ... sigh >

When Life Gets in the Way ... sigh

When Life Gets in the Way ... sigh

Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 PM

I saw a topic asking `how many hours` and I thought: hmm, let`s see. DD is anemic and I`m taking care of her gorgeous 6 week-old ... my GD!! (had her here all 5 days this week while DD slept and de-stressed) and ... we`re moving next week (18 years in this house) and packing and de-cluttering and then DD & her hubby move the following week (doesn`t take a genius to figure out who`s going to be doing a lot of that move).

But about the original question .. how many hours a day ... well I had my hand on my sewing maching today !!! ... to put the cover on and get it with all the other stuff ready to move ... so ... maybe 1 minute ...

And in May I broke my wrist and only a few days after the cast came off in June, DD had her baby and then there was the finalizing of the sale of our house and our purchase of a townhouse that will mean less work (ha! I can only hope) ... and I`m newly retired (June) and I had this dream of sitting in a real sewing room and creating beautiful things but I think that`s a bit farther down the road than I thought.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:49 PM

I hope you get lots of sewing time when you get settled in your new place :) sometimes we have to wait just a little while. Good luck with your move.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:49 PM

Make sure you work in a little time for yourself somewhere, even if it's not sewing! Enjoy your granddaughter!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:52 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Hang in there.. there is a light at the end of the tunnel..

Think of all the precious time your spending with that Grandbaby of yours.. Babies grow up fast and before you know it your wondering where the time went.. SO enjoy that baby.. You machine will be waiting for you...
Old 08-12-2011, 06:57 PM

Oh, I'm enjoying DG. It's funny how as a parent, you're so stressed about the other stuff but as a grandparent, you can just sit and enjoy. With all the boxes and chaos, there I sat, for over an hour, cuddling and saying 'patty cake, patty cake, baker's man' and clapping her hands together and enjoying her beautiful smile!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:01 PM

I know where your coming from and sympathize, I hope things get a little easier for you soon.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:19 PM

Enjoy this new phase of life! Wow! Retire, grandbaby. Sell house, buy townhouse- relax and enjoy!! :)
Old 08-12-2011, 07:47 PM

Wow...you've had alot on your plate...hope Life treats you more gently in the near future...Naomi :thumbup:
Old 08-12-2011, 08:00 PM

I know you are enjoying that grand baby and during her nap time you can dream about your future sewing area. Sometimes the bumps in the road becomes blessings.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:21 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

And this too shall pass.
Thank God you are available to help the new mom.

Jan in VA