Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: When is a UFO a UFO?

Las Vegas, NV - transplanted from Southeastern PA

When is a UFO a UFO?

Is it a UFO when you have bought the material but not started the project? I was on a mission to finish my UFOs and then came across these layer cakes I had bought to make table runners. Are those layer cakes UFOs or just part of my stash? Just trying to get a handle on all of this material. What do you guys think?
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, WINE IN THE OTHER, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

I'm gonna say stash. If something isn't started how can it be unfinished?

IMHO ... fabric is part of my stash; only when I've cut and started piecing does it become a UFO. I'm really good at getting fabric and really good at starting a project, but not so good at finishing. Of course, I have a lot of projects in the dream stage too.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

I agree with marymo also. A UFo is anything that has been stitched. You wouldn't be a quilter if you didn't have a few UFO's on hand.
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

I wouldn't consider anything a UFO until it has been started. it is a project in waiting, I guess until you actually start working on it

I call it a UFO if it has been started, then abandoned or put aside for a new project. If you pick it up and work on it from time to time, it is then a WIP (work in progress). Until you make that first cut, it's just stash.

stash, you have not started it yet!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Got to agree with everyone else. Stash

Blog Entries
    i'd call it part of my stash
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I'd definitely say stash. If it's still in the state it was when you brought it home from the store then it can be used for any project, not just the one you had in mind when you bought it. Once you start cutting and sewing then it becomes a work in progress. (WIP) Once you stick it in a bag and stick it in a drawer in favor of working on something else then it's a UFO.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast