Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When will I learn? >

When will I learn?

When will I learn?

Old 06-05-2014, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

Oh Dina, I have been thinking of how you were doing. Yes, making TWO of any quilt is grinding. Do you have a smaller quicker quilt you can kind of take a vacation from the Bargello?? Hang in there !! Think of how pretty your guest room will be when they are both done !!
Old 06-05-2014, 04:26 AM

I can relate. I am so bored with my current project I could scream. It is not a duplicate quilt but it is a duplicate process if that makes sense. It is quickly becoming a UFO. Perhaps I will think of you finishing your quilt and that will motivate me. We can do it! Just think of all the fun things we will get to start on when it's done!
Old 06-05-2014, 04:29 AM

You bet it will be worth it. It's beautiful. And, your right, it will looking stunning on a twin beds together. You can finish your almost there.... you can do it, your almost there!
Old 06-05-2014, 04:51 AM

It WILL be worth it - it is beautiful and I love the idea that the other one will be a mirror image!!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:06 AM

Thanks, folks. Your encouragement really helps. I will just "plug on" and "Get 'er done!" Or maybe it should be "Keep calm and carry on..."

At any rate, thanks for the suggestions of taking a break. I actually tried that....twice...and I just wasn't happy either time. The quilt I "should" be doing was just lurking heavy in my mind, and I couldn't enjoy the in-between quilt I was working on. Plus I have always been a "one quilt at a time" girl. Back when I sewed but didn't quilt, I had a rule that if I bought fabric, I had to have it sewn up before the next payday or I shouldn't have bought it. It was my own rule, but it sort of got me into the one project at a time mode, I guess.

At any rate, I am about 3/4 done and will get to 4/4 if I just keep at it. My design wall will be glad to have something else on it also, although I am thinking it will be another Bargello next, only a mini. Now THAT sounds challenging.

Dina
Old 06-05-2014, 05:13 AM

At least it's a lovely quilt!!

I'm a 10-projects-at-a-time kind of girl, or sometimes a 20-projects-at-a-time kind of girl, so I can't quite relate, but your quilt is gorgeous and it is DEFINITELY worth it!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:17 AM

Oh Dina, you totally sound like me. I made 2 twin sized quilts for my guest room last summer and was so tired of them before I finished them. And, I am usually a 1 quilt at a time person, too. A few years back I started several quilts close to the same time and I got so frustrated with having so many going on at once that I set them all back and it weighed on me so much. I finished all but one this past winter.... just have 1 left to do and I'll work on that one when I get back to the winter house. I would have had to bring a trailer load of stuff with me this summer if I had brought it to work on here at the cabin. My DH already accuses me of bringing a trailer load of my stuff.

But having said all that, I'm about to get started on the 3 quilts I brought fabric for..... but they will get finished while I'm here.

And your quilts will be beautiful. I love Bargello and would really like to try one sometime. Keep plugging away. You'll get them done and the feeling will be so great. .... nothing better than the feeling of DONE when it comes to quilting.

Here's the picture of my guest room quilts.... not as beautiful as yours but a good look for the cabin by the lake.
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
Old 06-05-2014, 06:10 AM

Oh, I love those quilts! That room looks so inviting!!

Dina
Old 06-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. It is worth it. Since you are at it, make one for me too!! Beautiful.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:24 AM

I love it! Absolutely gorgeous. I agree with others about taking a short break and making a little table topper, some easy summer placemats or something like that just to have "fun" and then I think you will feel a little better about it. I love bargellos and your colors are so beautiful too.