Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When will I learn? >

When will I learn?

When will I learn?

Old 06-06-2014, 03:26 AM

I always get bored with one quilt much less two of the same and that is where the UFOs started. lol Now I am trying to finish them. Your finished quilt is beautiful. You will be very happy when the second quilt is finished but allow yourself a small break and do something different.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:28 AM

Beautiful quilt.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:06 AM

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Now. the reminder: NEVER-NEVER-NEVER WORK THE SAME PATTERN TWICE!!!!!!!

At least, not one after the other. I, too, try to never repeat a pattern unless I must and try not to do it shortly after I made the first. The second one never seem to come out as well as the first one did. Probably because I rush to get done with it, and am just bored.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Your quilts will be awesome when you finish, and then you will be glad you made them both. Many times I make several of something, placemats, table runners, etc., as I can sell them at my church's Holiday Fair, but when I start to get bored, I move on to something else for a bit, then I can come back to them. If you're that bored, take a little break, it will be worth it.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:14 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself! Take a walk outside..smell the roses..then come back and do it! You can do it..you're just in a funk right now..break your routine with something..it will look brighter when you come back to it!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:40 PM

Most absolutely worth it, but I agree with you about getting bored with a pattern. I am working on the cutest and most fun quilt I have EVER made, I can't wait to see it finished and show it off here. There has been no time to get bored with any of it because there are so many techniques involved. The applique is done on the blocks (yay), the connecting setting strips are done and the center is put together. All I have left is the embelishments and quilting. Can hardly wait
Old 06-07-2014, 06:04 AM

Well, I took a bit of a break, and I got my new contact lens, so I am seeing better and am refreshed. Onward.

My break? Well, I cleaned house and mowed. Got stuff done that needed done and am ready to sew!

Dina
Old 06-07-2014, 06:07 AM

It will be worth it, you'll give a big sigh of relief that it is over....then at some other time you will make the same quilt twice because you will have forgotten all about the pain and boredom. Life is funny like that! I love your bargello and can't wait to see them both together!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats View Post
It will be worth it, you'll give a big sigh of relief that it is over....then at some other time you will make the same quilt twice because you will have forgotten all about the pain and boredom. Life is funny like that! I love your bargello and can't wait to see them both together!
Yes, this is the THIRD time I have made a set of twin quilts, one after the other.. I am not going to say it will be my last, but surely I will remember and approach it differently.

Dina
Old 06-07-2014, 11:41 AM

Well, it is beautiful... I really know what you mean about making a second quilt the same. I did this for an eye spy quilt for last 2 grandsons... haven't finished second one yet..... I put it on my challenge list at my guild, so I will be forced to finish...lol...