Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When will I learn? >

When will I learn?

When will I learn?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:23 PM

Default When will I learn?

I am making the second of two twin sized quilts. The first quilt is a Bargello, and the second is also, although I am making it as a mirror image.

And I am bored with it! I want to finish it because the two quilts will look great in the room I have designed them for, but I am so tired of working on the same quilt for a second time!

I know I should have taken a break between the two quilts. I know that making two quilts the same drives me bananas. So why did I decide to do it?? I guess I am a slow learner.

I should be through with the process in the next week, but I am sooooo ready!

It's worth it, right? (picture of the quilt....the finished one....follows so you can tell me that it will be worth it...and remind me to never do this again.)

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001810.jpg  
Old 06-04-2014, 07:29 PM

I recently finished two scrappy Chinese coin twin quilts, and I know exactly how you feel. Boring! But the little girls who share a bedroom loved them, and that's all that matters.

Your bargello is very beautiful, and your room will look fantastic when they are both finished. Good for you for sticking with it.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:53 PM

Take a break. Put it aside for a few days. Make a quick simple crib quilt for charity or a couple pillowcases also for charity. Clear your head awhile from the Bargello.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:41 PM

Awesome!!! I know when you get both of them on the beds that you will see that it was worth it. I agree with Quilt30, just take a few days' break...you will be more apt to finishing the second one. Love to see them on the beds.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:45 PM

You are doing a great job on your quilts -- keep on keeping on! You will be so happy with the finished results. I do understand being bored with them but it will be worth it in the long run. I find that I can do an intricate quilt but then I need to work on a quick and easy quilt to get the satisfaction of a fast finished product. Please post again when the second quilt is done.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:54 AM

The quilt is gorgeous, and it will be worth it. I am the same as you--I hate to make the same thing twice, and am doing that right now, with matching quilts for girls who share a room. I was stalled on mine, and am just getting back to them.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:53 AM

Start cutting out a new quilt for a few days or a week and then go back to it. It is just gorgeous and I can understand your being bored. I have 3 quilts going in different stages (cutting, sewing and hand quilting/machine quilting) at the same time. Work on each a few days and then go to another. Guess that is the reason I was never bored with teaching 4th graders, never never never bored and every day was exciting with those amazing kids.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:05 AM

that is beautiful
Old 06-05-2014, 04:11 AM

Your quilt is Awesome! and just think you will have 2 AWESOME quilts. Hang in there they are truly Beautiful.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:12 AM

I can relate to getting bored making the same quilts.. I finished four of the same quilts for my staff. I got to the point of feeling a scream coming out. I also made them QAYG, and did a lot of hand sewing.. It felt good to give them out..