Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: where to buy homespun fabrics?

I am getting ready to start a project. I want to make a simple map of the USA using different homespun fabrics for each of the states. The largest state would only need about a 6 inch square. I plan to applique them. Do any of you know a source to buy small scraps of homespun fabrics? thanks so much for your help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lallyann
    I am getting ready to start a project. I want to make a simple map of the USA using different homespun fabrics for each of the states. The largest state would only need about a 6 inch square. I plan to applique them. Do any of you know a source to buy small scraps of homespun fabrics? thanks so much for your help!
    Maybe post an ad to do a fabric swap with board members? I've seen others do it for different sizes that they needed.

Thank you for the link! That is what I was looking for! :) I appreciate your help!!

my computer hates me :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by lallyann
    Hi, lallyann,

I can send you some if you pm me your address. I don't know without looking just how many I have, but I would be happy to give you some. Let me know if you only want certain colors

Judy

Can't remember the name of the shop just now, but there is a LQS in Dagsboro, DE that has a ton of homespun. They've also just moved to a larger shop so I would imagine even more fabric than before. I didn't get a chance to stop in when going through there this year (didn't realize they moved down the street and it's hard to stop on a dime towing a boat!). I would guess they have a website. Might want to google and see if they have something that could work for you.