Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where to buy Leather

Anybody have a good place to buy leather? My DH has wanted me to make car seat covers for years and of course he wants them out of leather. I told him that if I could find leather scraps cheap, I'd try it, but I wasn't going to spend a few hundred dollars on a hide just to figure out that I wasn't capable.

any ideas???

Try Tandy Leather www.tandyleatherfactory.com . Be advised, you'd best have a sturdy machine and use leather needles (they have something of a chisel edge that cuts a hole rather than puncturing like most needles) Good luck.

Pam
    A word to the wise, sew carefully. The holes punched in the leather NEVER go away. My cousin sewed car seats for Hummers, the back curve was so difficuld, she ended up doing only the curves, everyones!

You might try Mooshine leather in Nashville Indiana. They do custom work, have a friend that works there and you can pick out your own leather. Have seen some of it and it is QUALITY leather!