Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where to buy M size prewound bobbins?

I want to try prewound bobbins on my Tin Lizzie because my bobbin winder has been cranky lately (only fills the bobbin half way). I've looked around the net and prices are high and many prewounds have cardbord sides or maybe no sides. This doesn't seem right somehow. Have you used any of these? How about plastic sided prewounds, are they better? What is the deal with magnetic prewounds, how does that work?
    What is the best kind? Where is a good place to buy? Please share your experiance. Mary

Blog Entries
    My friend buys prewouund M bobbins here:
    http://www.bobbincentral.com/Embroid...obbins_s/1.htm

I don't know if the price is better or not but she's happy with them. All the prewounds are in M size and L size.

I can't remember where we bought them but my sister and I have prewound Bottom Line bobbins that we use in our Lizzie. I have found that I have to tear off the cardboard sides. Your's my react differently, try and see. Pre wounds in a "M" size with Bottom Line last forever. They can really get a lot of thread on there. Maybe your bobbin winder needs a little adjustment. Do you have the stand alone or onboard winder. Our stand alone came with instructions for adjustments. Now that I think about it, I think we may have bought our prewounds at Kingsmen Quilting, try there.

Jim gave me several packets of pre-wound plastic bobbins. I have had problems with quite a few of them. I think they are either wound too tightly or wound too full (or maybe both). I "wasted" some of the thread. By that I mean that I pulled several yards from each one. They worked better after that. But told hubby not to get any more.

Thanks everyone, I found some I think will be good at Bayside. I'll also fiddle/adjust my old bobbin winder.
    Mary

Glad you found some.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    This is an excellent site. I discovered it 2 years ago and buy only their thread. I imagine that the prewound bobbins are just as good. :-D