Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where can I buy a service manual for my Pfaff? >

Where can I buy a service manual for my Pfaff?

Where can I buy a service manual for my Pfaff?

Old 06-16-2015, 12:25 PM

Default Where can I buy a service manual for my Pfaff?

Does anyone know where I can buy a service manual for my Pfaff Expression 2.0? I don't mean an owner's manual, but an actual service manual? My Pfaff dealer went out of business, and my husband just now fixed a problem I was having with my machine, but he said it would have been Much easier with a service manual.

So I have been trying to figure out how to get one. Does anyone have any ideas? When I google, I don't get very far, most just offering an owner's manual. One site offered to let me know how to locate a service manual, for a $33. fee. I exited that site immediately. I would buy a service manual for that, but I sure wouldn't pay $33. just for an answer to my question.

My husband is multi-talented, an experienced electrician, radio technician, auto mechanic, plus college professor of English. He has been able to fix anything I have ever asked him to. I am sure if he has a service manual, I am set for life!

Any suggestions for where to look for a service manual for my machine? Thanks.

Dina

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-12-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

I am not sure about Pfaff but I know you can't buy a Bernina service manual. If you open a Bernina, your warranty immediately becomes invalid. Do you ever rent him out Dina???
Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I am not sure about Pfaff but I know you can't buy a Bernina service manual. If you open a Bernina, your warranty immediately becomes invalid. Do you ever rent him out Dina???
Funny, I promised early on not to rent my husband out, 47 years ago. I have had many friends who envied his ability to lay tile, repair plumbing, install garbage disposals, fix washing machines and dryers, etc. He is mine alone.

I think my machine is not under warranty anymore, have to check on that. I bought her 5 years ago. However, he didn't open her up...he gently used tweezers and tiny tools to reach inside to the threading slots and untangle lots of threads that seemed to have wrapped around this loop thing that is inside the top of the machine. He looked at the screws that hold it all together and decided not to mess with those...yet.

I have found some service manuals online, but can't find anything that says Expression 2.0. None of the other numbers on my owner's manual match what I have found either.

I will continue looking. I had a sewing machine once that I inherited from my grandmother. I took it in to get it repaired and was told that it was impossible. My husband repaired it that evening. That was 40 years ago.

Thanks for the chuckle about renting him out though.

Dina
Old 06-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Is this it?
https://www.manualowl.com/p/Pfaff/ex.../Manual/184493
Old 06-16-2015, 02:32 PM

http://www.freeproductmanual.com/pfaff-expression-2-0/
Old 06-16-2015, 03:07 PM

Not true that, "if you open a Bernina, your warranty immediately becomes void." There's no secret button inside that will reveal that someone has opened their Bernina. We sometimes get some "help." When someone thinks they can fix something, and they make things worse.

You can find all kinds of sewing machine repair videos on YouTube. But you'd better be sure of what you're doing, or you'll scramble your machine. Don't loosen any screws until you know what they do. Pfaffs are hard to get into.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I think so!! Thanks.

Dina
Old 06-16-2015, 03:19 PM

Oh, this looks like it too!!! Thanks so much!

Dina
Old 06-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

There's also video on YouTube to help follow along with servicing.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Oh, this looks like it too!!! Thanks so much!

Dina
I tried the link, and the first time got into it. Second time, said website not available. Seemed a bit odd.

I googled and scamadvisor came up, with the message that the website came from a high risk country. Just thought I should pass on. It might not mean anything.
http://www.scamadviser.com/check-web...ductmanual.com

Serita