Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where can I find reusable bags for quilts?

Where can I find reusable bags for quilts?

I am looking for bags that I can send quilts with customers instead of using plastic bags. Does anyone have a source that would have these? These are also great for storing quilts
    Thanks!
    Shelley

Perhaps a matching pillow case or little tote with leftover fabric - that would be cute.

If you are using the plastic to protect the quilt until its delivered , thats one thing. My grocery store sells really BIG zip lock bags. But quilts should not be stored in plastic long term. Many make a matching pillow case to store , when not in use.

I always make a matching pillowcase to go with the quilt. It is great for storing them because quilts should not be stored in plastic bags. Good luck which ever way you decide to go.
    .* .*)) -::-
    ((.*~Dody.*))
    -::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...

I imagine it would get costly to make a pillow case for "customer quilts" and most people wouldn't probably provide enough extra fabric for that. When you say reusable but not plastic, do you mean "green" so they won't harm the environment?

Have you ever made a tote??? You could make it the size you want especially if you use Home Dec fabric which is wider than cotton. You can even make a flat over the top. That is what I did. You can also make a pillow case without the cuff and add an extra fabric to make sure the quilt is protected. Handles are always easier to carry the quilt. GOOD LUCK !!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I had a customer bring me a bag similar material to grocery reusable bags. It is 18 x 17 x5 and has a zipper and handles. Someone else had given it to her. I thought it would make a nice bag for carrying quilts to guild or to retreats.
    Shelley

Banned
    my long arm quilter returns the quilt in one of the plain large brown shopping bags with handles. She puts her label on the bag and ties the handles with a piece of the backing she trimmed off.
    I don't think you need anything fancy or permanent. I get the feeling you don't want plastic which is a good thought.
    The brown paper bags work well. I certainly don't want anything permanent as the quilt is going on the bed or given away to someone else. You might sign on to the LongArm Yahoo list and ask what some of those quilters use.

A good source for large paper bags with handles is Uline. They have tons of bags and packing supplies.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Virginia long arm sells them..you can look on their website and decide if it's what you are looking for...I'm not affiliated with them although I do live in Virginia