Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where can I have fabric laser cut?

Where can I have fabric laser cut?

I remember reading a post here several months ago and someone commented that she sent her fabric out to have it laser cut. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am considering a hexagon quilt and would love to have all those little hexies cut for me. I do not have an accuquilt so thought this might be an option. Anybody have a link to a place that does this?

Blog Entries
    Check ebay. There are lots of folks that sell laser cut applique pieces maybe one can cut it for you

The easiest way to cut hexies is to cut your strips then fold the strips in half length ways, use a triangle type ruler (Kayes's Starmaker 6) and cut on each side. Kaye Wood's hexi quilt book http://www.kayewood.com/item/Easy_He...s_Book/235/c46 teaches this technique....

Blog Entries
    I would only trust a quilter to do it. Check out John Flynn - flynnquilt.com. Im not sure is they cut pieces for anything other than their own designs.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't Keepsake sell pre-cut hexagon collections? Just an idea.... I haven't heard much about laser-cut fabric, other than John Flynn. Sorry.