Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you look for... >

Where do you look for...

Where do you look for...

Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM

a used quilting frame?
I have been searching Craigslist. (not to fond of the site myself some real creeps hang out there but for the right price what the hey)
I have searched a few yahoo groups.
I have searched here.
I have not came up with much. I know there is a website online that people post their long arm machines on but is there a site like that for frames? (I would check the LAM site but I don't know it.)

I have the brother pq1500 and we are in the process of buying a house (just put an offer in yesterday fingers crossed!) so I am now going to have the room for a frame. I would rather help someone out (taking a frame off their hands and giving them some cash for something they are not using) than buying new!

Thank you,
Danielle
Old 03-02-2010, 01:39 PM

why not try out the Classifieds
Old 03-02-2010, 01:40 PM

there is a lady on the board in the classifieds that posted a handi-quilter frame for sale. name of the board member is Valerie Scherr, i hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:51 PM

Never thought of the classifieds in the news paper. I have checked the classifieds here on the forum.

Sara, I seen that post and have been watching it however it seems as if the member that posted it has not been around, some were concered about her well being. I hope everything is ok with her and if she does return I am interested in the frame.

Thank you!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:12 PM

I bought one off ebay - but it was in pretty bad shape.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM

Oh, don't give up is the best advice I can give... I found a frame in a second hand store maybe 10 years ago, hesitated to buy it because of my situation... went back a couple days later ,.. of course it was gone!!!!!! years later.( last year).. found another one in the original box at the Goodwill outlet ( who knew they needed one?) only 4.95! I didn't hesitate this time! I still don't have the room, but My sweet husband promises the next house will. Keep checking out the thrifty stores, craigs list, ebay, amazon, the message board at LQS, heck, maybe post it on Craigs list, there may be some one's unhappy spouse looking to 'get even' okay, I know that sounds bad... I traded a pocket repair for a Necchi that way .... don't judge... it's recycling..
Old 03-02-2010, 02:43 PM

I don't have a suggestion for quilt frames, but if you wouldn't mind, what is the site where people list thier longarms. I would LOVE to start off with a less expensive used machine!
Thanks! Best of luck finding your frame!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

I find a lot of nice quilting items for sale on this yahoo quilting sale group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SewItsForSale/
Old 03-02-2010, 03:17 PM

I ran into an article recently about making quilt frame legs if you don't have 4 ladder back chairs to put you padded 2 x 4's on. That or the pvc pipe frame is the way I am thinking of going.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

Are you looking for a hand quilting frame or a machine quilting frame?

The homequiltingsystems group on Yahoo! has a section for used equipment -- machine quilting frames as well as machines and complete setups.