Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where to get foam padding?

I want to buy online....it is WAY too crazy to set foot in a store! lol! I'm looking for some padding that could be used to protect a camera. I'd like it rather stiff if possible....

Try Hobby Lobby on line.

Or Joann's, they have several different densities of foam padding in varying thicknesses

I order mine online from thefoamfactory.com or usafoam.com. They are located in Michigan, I believe it is in Sterling Hts. You can go in the store or online to make purchases. They are reasonably priced for the foam and shipping costs. They do custom cuts if needed also. I have to get another order to them next week for marine grade foam....I am remaking our boat cushions. Now I just need to find either stainless steel or extra heavy duty plastic zippers for the cushions. Others will rust.

pab

Blog Entries
    I looked and looked on line.Finally I went to a local upholstery shop..sucess and no shipping charge....pab

Quote Originally Posted by NauDeeGal
    I order mine online from thefoamfactory.com or usafoam.com. They are located in Michigan, I believe it is in Sterling Hts. You can go in the store or online to make purchases. They are reasonably priced for the foam and shipping costs. They do custom cuts if needed also. I have to get another order to them next week for marine grade foam....I am remaking our boat cushions. Now I just need to find either stainless steel or extra heavy duty plastic zippers for the cushions. Others will rust.

Here is the link!

http://www.thefoamfactory.com/

They do offer free shipping for orders over $75.00.

Best info yet!
    40 years ago I was making stuffed dolls to sell. Pre-packaged polyester stuffing was quite pricy to get enough to stuff a doll firmly. I walked into am upholstery shop and asked. He sold me a BALE of scraps for $35. It just fit in the station wagon. Worked for me and I still have a bit left.
    You can get a lot of info and good deals if you chat with the shop owner and explain what you want to do. Sometimes they give you the stuff for free. My long-arm-quilter person also gives me free scraps of batting.