Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where to go from here?

Where to go from here?

Here is a small quilt. My brother made me a 27"x 27" picture frame for a quilt I made. However, the quilt I made was 26". Anyway, I made this to go in the frame instead. It is made from leftover scraps. What would you put in the white border? Fancy FMQ, appliqué hearts.... Any other ideas? Name:  image.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  497.4 KBBTW, the border is a out 4 inches wide.

I think rows of straight stitching about 1/2" apart would look good, be easy and set off the angles of the squares.

Are you wanting to appliqué something? Or quilted design? Since your brother made the frame is there something/pattern he likes or reminds you of family?

Blog Entries
    I also see a wavy vine.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I think a vine and flowers. The flowers could be 4 small hearts arranged in a circle(touching) and then a circle of fabric in the center. I did this on the border of a quilt and really liked it. The hearts make pretty flowers.

Your quilt is very pretty and soft looking. I agree with the vine and flowers idea. That would make it beautiful!

Blog Entries
    This pretty little quilt stands on it's own and needs no addition of any kind. The idea of just simple quilting will let the quilt be the show.

I did make a heart in a frame once and I added some seed beads right on the seam line between the heart and background, in the ditchh, so to speak. This little bit of sparkle might be cool on this piece but not detract from it.

Like the quilt very much. Great colors.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop