Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where to sell quilting supplies? >

Where to sell quilting supplies?

Where to sell quilting supplies?

Old 08-10-2015, 11:31 AM

Default Where to sell quilting supplies?

Hi Quilters, The world lost an amazing quilter when my mom passed. I will never meet the criteria to sell on this site, so I'm looking for your collective wisdom about where I should try to sell some of her machines, racks and other tools of the trade. I appreciate any insight you might have.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:41 AM

e-bay or hold an estate sale. Let local quilt shop owners know what you have for sale, especially if your mom frequented one most often.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:02 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Saying those words just does not seem like enough, having last my Mom a few months ago.
I understand what you are faced with. E bay would have been a full time job to sell it all. An estate sale may be your best /fastest way to sell it.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

I am sorry too. It is hard to lose a parent at any age. Was your mom a member of a guild? If so they will definitely be able to help. Even if she was not a guild member, try to find a guild in your area and let them know that your mom's quilting supplies are for sale.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

I too am sorry for your lost. It is difficult to find people willing to pay what the quilts are worth. You can try eBay. You can put a model of a sewing machine in such as Bernina 1530 and on the left side, one of the options is Item Sold. Click that it will give you the history of what prices that model sold for. Quilts stores and quilt guilds are a good place to start. Welcome to the board.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:58 PM

Try to get ahold of a local quilt guild. Us quilters are always looking for stuff. Also you can donate it to a local church or senior center.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:01 PM

There is a yahoo group called "sewitsforsale" where you can list personal sewing items for sale. I have bought and sold through this group.

Sorry for the your loss of your Mom.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by kscallan View Post
Hi Quilters, The world lost an amazing quilter when my mom passed. I will never meet the criteria to sell on this site, so I'm looking for your collective wisdom about where I should try to sell some of her machines, racks and other tools of the trade. I appreciate any insight you might have.
Consider having an estate sale, or post your items in craigs list to avoid shipping process. Also, Facebook has several sewing related sales groups, where you have to be a member to buy and sell.

I have purchased quilting items from a Craigs List posting. The lady had bought out two estates of avid quilters. She actually set up times and appointments to keep it manageable.

Serita
Old 08-10-2015, 05:09 PM

Believe me, when you list "sewing" in your craigslist garage or estate sale ad, we will show up!
Old 08-11-2015, 03:33 AM

No problem......take credit for your own creativity..best wishes.