Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
where to shop >

where to shop

where to shop

Old 08-10-2015, 07:20 AM

Default where to shop

We are leaving Bonnie Scotland next month for a three week holiday in Arizona, we will be staying in the Phoenix area and Tucson, can anyone recommend some quilt stores and local sites to visit?
Old 08-10-2015, 08:05 AM

This is over on Sept 8 so you might miss it, but for a list of shops in AZ: http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/ click on start here button
Old 08-10-2015, 10:41 AM

Hello Eileen and welcome to the board. I would recommend 3 Dudes Quilt Shop in Phoenix. I was on vacation earlier this year and that shop was very nice. For other things to do, I recommend the Phoenix Zoo and the Botanical Gardens. Have a wonderful time!
Old 08-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

I know they moved but if you love batiks, check out Arizona Quilts:
www.azquilts.com
Old 08-10-2015, 01:27 PM

I'm not familiar with Phoenix quilt shops but The Three Dudes is a good one. Here in the Tucson area there are a few good ones. Cactus Quilt Shop , Quilter's Market and Quilt Basket
Old 08-10-2015, 03:49 PM

Don't miss AZ Vac and Sew in Tucson, 29th and Avalon. They have the largest selection of wide backings I have ever seen!!
Ann
Old 08-10-2015, 07:14 PM

There is a Singer shop either on 1760 W Main in Mesa. They have a huge collection of FW and other vintage machines. The have a huge selection of new machines and fabric also. There is another one I shop at in Mesa but it is way east. A Quiters Oasis 9963 E Baseline Rd Ste 105, Mesa, AZ They have the best staff ever.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:41 PM

There's a great fabric store on 59th Ave. and Glendale. I believe it's called the 35th Ave. Sewing and Vac shop.

Of course, the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Lake Powell, and the Desert Sonoran Museum which is in Tucson are well worth your time.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:34 AM

I agree with what others have said about Phoenix Quilt Shops and will add:

Mulqueens - Mesa - they are dealers for Brother, Janone, Pfaff, Singer and their store is crammed with all the quilting and embroidery supplies you could possibly imagine. (If you don't see it just keep looking or ask cuz it's there.) Good quality cottons for $6.95 per yard. If you need machine repairs, parts, extra feet or help with a machine questions they can handle just about anything. They also sell long arm machines and supplies.

35th Avenue Sew and Vac - Phoenix (on Northern) - huge selection of fabrics and quilting supplies. (located in an older grocery store size building.) They actually have 3 locations but this one has by far the most fabric.

Cabbage Rose Quilt Shop - Mesa - if you need floral, pastel, or blenders its a great place.

Mad B's Quilt Shop - Mesa - fun store with lots of bright, fun fabrics.

Quilters Oasis - Mesa - great shop, quite a few civil war fabrics along with other more contemporary fabric lines.

Sun Valley Quilts - Peoria - great shop, wide variety of fabric selections, friendly and knowledgeable staff.

There are several other good shops in the area as well. If you need addresses or want help narrowing the choices to a specific area PM me and I will try to help.

Last edited by Cactus Stitchin; 08-11-2015 at 05:37 AM.