Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where would I hide . . . >

Where would I hide . . .

Where would I hide . . .

Old 01-09-2011, 06:55 PM

LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. Hope you can get some light
tomorrow. Sewing in the dark is not much fun.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
to replace the bulb on my Janome is $26 (you have to buy the bulb/socket combo) so I got an old 3 head reading lamp from the attic and moved it beside the table my sewing machine is on. I can tilt the heads so the light shines exactly where i need it to.
Wow. And that Janome light does not even give enough light. I think if I
have to pay that much or probably more (everything costs twice as much
here) I will just use my bendable and OTT lights.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by olebat
. . . if I were a 201 light bulb? Had to finish binding a double fleece quilt "in the dark" of 2, 50wt fluorescent ceiling bulbs. Had to put pins in the binding at just about every 1/2 inch. My arms look as though I tried to intervene in a cat fight. Then the light went out. I can "see" the unused bulb in a thin, faded, cardboard sleeve in a small parts cabinet. In which room? Which house? Which lifetime? 'Bout had it for today, think I'll chill - put myself on snow watch, test the new quilt, and hold down the sofa. These home-alone nights are usually my opportunities to sew, but I've been doing it all day. 'Night All, for some, for others, Mornin'.
Been there. It will probably come to you while you're chillin.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like something I would do. I can see it in my mind but can't find it. Hope it turns up soon.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:59 PM

I'm having that same problem but the item that I put in a safe place is a set of car keys!

Actually, I'm not sure I put the keys in a safe place at all. I'm not sure I'm the one who lost the keys. The only thing I can say for sure is that the keys are lost.

Luckily, we have a second set of keys.

By the way, this happened with another set of car keys not too long ago. The keys were lost for about a year. Then one day I dropped something on the drivers side floor of my DHs BMW. Had to get out of the car, bend down (put my best side out to the world)to look under the seat for whatever I dropped, and, lo and behold, there were the missing keys!

My husband had been throwing little digs about the lost keys at me for a year, so I was elated to find them and quite happy to let him know who really lost the keys! He took it very well. And no digs this time!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:01 PM

Thanks for the support. I haven't even looked for the bulb yet. I heard the sofa calling my name, and answered with honor. The snow began at about 2130, and should continue through the night. Schools are on a two hour delay, but unless it gets really warm, I seriously doubt that they'll open at all. That gives me more time to get ready for this weekend's retreat.

Not sure what I'll work on. Probably the new cat quilt my daughter wants for her birthday at the end of this month. This will be a quilt, shams and curtains project. Kinda hard to make it as a surprise, as her room is next to the sewing room. With four days of dedicated sewing, I ought to get most of it finished. She'll see it once I get it racked on the frame. Don't think I'll be able to hide that.

So, to that end, providing we maintain power, I'll print the patterns, mark rulers, cutters, etc, and pack my bags and machine.

Now, to get a little light on that old machine, if I can't locate it, I wonder if my LQS has any. They have a nice assortment of belts, bobbin cases, and other necessities for the old girls. Perhaps they can get the middle age girl a bit brighter - but they too, will probably be closed. I have enough other machines to light up my life. The 201 was the only accessible one which would go through 6 layers of fleece and high loft.

Oh, another calling - this time it's my bed.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:04 AM

The bulb is in that bag next to the fabric stack on the bottom shelf behind the bin that you were looking for two months ago. :) The vintage Singers don't take a special bulb, Jo Ann Fabrics usually carries them and they are under two dollars. As soon as you buy it you will find the other two you already have..that's how it usually works for me.