Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
While in MEMPHIS, TN that is.. >

While in MEMPHIS, TN that is..

While in MEMPHIS, TN that is..

Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

is there any quilt shop that is a MUST see?

I will only have Sat/Sun afternoons available, but was hoping I might could tag one at some point!

If not, what else is there to do if you have you already done Graceland???heheheh
Old 04-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

I was in Memphis a few weeks ago! I looked in the yellow pages while in the hotel and didn't see a quilt shop listed but I didn't pursue the hunt for one. I took my DGD with me and she kept me busy going to the various sightseeing attractions. We went to the Pink Palace museum, very nice. The zoo, Beal St. at night is fun and very family oriented now. Kids love the street dancing and street music. And we took a river boat ride. That was enough for a weekend.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:11 PM

you MUST MUST MUST....eat some Corkys BBQ for me!!!! The dry rub ribs are out of this world...and I know BBQ!!

Enjoy the BBQ...it will make you forget about fabric ( at least for an hour!1)

jodi
Old 04-19-2011, 01:36 PM

Agrees with jodi I sure do miss my Corky's fix. Texas just doesn't do BBQ like Memphis.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:55 PM

No body makes barbeque like Memphis! We lived there 20 years and the only thing I remember is barbeque and getting out alive!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

I can buy Corky's barbeque sauce by the 1/2 gallon or gallon at Sam's Club. It should be available at most Sam's Clubs. It's a little too spicy for me but everyone loves to eat here when DH grills with it. I'm a Masterpiece Original Bar B Que sauce person. Memphis is rather run down and most of the downtown area is shabby but the there are some beautiful old homes and to die for shady streets.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Great...the only FOOD anyone wants in Memphis is BBQ...I can not do BBQ...ever....especially not on pork...

yet my dear cousin is taking us all out (25) for BBQ on Friday night at the www.bluescitycafe.com & the big party on Sat is catered by www.cbqmemphis.com...more BBQ! ALL I want is seafood....BBQ I can get anywhere...and being from TX..I prefer it to be from TX...hehehehe or my daddys!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I was in Memphis a few weeks ago! I looked in the yellow pages while in the hotel and didn't see a quilt shop listed but I didn't pursue the hunt for one. I took my DGD with me and she kept me busy going to the various sightseeing attractions. We went to the Pink Palace museum, very nice. The zoo, Beal St. at night is fun and very family oriented now. Kids love the street dancing and street music. And we took a river boat ride. That was enough for a weekend.
My cousin works on Beale St, so we always go to the Peabody...this time I am thinking if NO fabric it might be the Zoo for me...
Old 04-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

We stayed in the new renovated motel right across from the Peabody. Very old motel with small rooms but very clean and so nice to walk to Beale st, parking is a nightmare in that area. There is a great burger cafe on the corner of Beale, voted to be one of the top 20 burgers in the US. I can't remember the name of it but boy was it good! DGD had to go to Hooters too, too loud for me but fun. She had a blast. I know I cherish the time I spend with her before she gets too old to hang with mammaw or I get to old. LOL
Old 04-19-2011, 03:50 PM

These locations are not in the city of Memphis proper, but in the burbs of Memphis.

http://www.klassykatzfabricshop.com/

http://arlingtonquiltingbarn.com/

http://quiltshops.blogspot.com/2009/...ordova-tn.html