Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: White fabric paint/marker ???

Blog Entries

White fabric paint/marker ???

I have fabric to make a traffic themed play mat for my grandson. I have black mottled fabric that would be perfect to add as a 'road' around the center panel but I would love to add the look of the dotted white line in the center of the 'road'. I've been looking around on the web and haven't found anything that I think would work. Does anyone have a suggestion?????? Thanks in advance!
    Novie
    Working my way through life, one block at a time.

I would think a play mat would require frequent laundering so I would not choose fabric paint/marker. I think a dense satin stitch with a sturdy white thread would be more durable.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for that great suggestion. I hadn't even thought of it. Also, thanks for finding this message that I posted in the wrong place! I posted it and then went back to look for it and couldn't find it!!! LOL
    Novie
    Working my way through life, one block at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice.for.now View Post
    Thanks for that great suggestion. I hadn't even thought of it. Also, thanks for finding this message that I posted in the wrong place! I posted it and then went back to look for it and couldn't find it!!! LOL
    that seems to be a common theme these days on QB! Not sure why, but i've had the problem too

Blog Entries
    I use white all purpose Tsukineko Ink.
    Debbie
    Machine It

I would paint it on using a good quality fabric paint, maybe seta color or jacquard. If it is properly heat set, it should work through multiple launderings.

Blog Entries
    If you have fancy embroidery stitches one that is solid would look fantastic and it would wash.