Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: White quilt! need pattern!

Suggestions needed. My son is getting married and his bride wants me to make them a quilt. She wants it to be "White".
    I've never made one without any colors! I'm stumped as to what pattern would show-up well. She's says she's not into contemporary. Yikes!

bkb
    just do a whole cloth one

Quote Originally Posted by shesews
    Suggestions needed. My son is getting married and his bride wants me to make them a quilt. She wants it to be "White".
    I've never made one without any colors! I'm stumped as to what pattern would show-up well. She's says she's not into contemporary. Yikes!
    My first thought was to make a log cabin using light (white/light cream) neutrals. Another option is a whole cloth type quilt pattern. Check out using old bridal qowns making crazy quilt blocks then adding on lace and other embellishments.

Why don't you spend a day with the bride taking her to quilt shops reviewing patterns and material and get some input from her. The final quilt can still be a surprise but she would have had a part of process in getting the quilt started. This would allow for memory making and give greater meaning to her when having the guilt.

Have a Great Quilty Day!
    Pam M

Thanks for great suggestion; however, we live on opposite ends of the earth.

I agree with milp04, neutrals would make an awesome bridal quilt. Use the lightest creams (tone on tone) and white tone on tone. You would be surprised how much a pattern will show up.

Blog Entries
    I saw a neat "shabby chic" type quilt that was all white but in different textures: chenille, eyelet, and others. It was not handmade but I thought the idea was great.

That's sounds wonderful, alas, she wants white/white. Not my choice, but I'm the Mother-in-Law to be so I must not say what "I" prefer.

Look these over! You can also do whole cloth by the block, using the quilt as you go.

http://www.google.com/images?q=whole...ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=U25kTePaGcT58AbBzeXpBg&ved=0CCMQsAQ&biw=899&bih=326

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb
    just do a whole cloth one
    ditto

You could do white blocks and then embroider them in white, maybe varying the design or doing monogrammes etc. Still white on white but without the difficulty of wholecloth. It would also add a bit of dimension and stop you from going crazy making it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast