Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
White-white fabrics online >

White-white fabrics online

White-white fabrics online

Old 02-23-2015, 10:12 AM

Default White-white fabrics online

I'm looking for tone-on-tone white fabric that you would call "white white" or bright white. Not grey, ivory, cream tan with white.

I know it's difficult to tell on a computer monitor what "white" truly is, so I would like some recommendations.

In the past I've gone to my LQS to see for myself. I don't have a particular pattern in mind for the next quilt that might call for it, so there's no need to match it up that way right now. Just looking for a white-white from online sources that you may have found to have a true white selection. I'd prefer to keep it under $6/ yd but am willing to pay more for a white I love.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

It is very hard for a white on white tonal to show what the pattern is really like on the internet. Most fabric are around $10 online unless clearance. You just may have to go to a local JAF, Hancock or Hobby Lobby to check the fabrics in person.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:25 AM

In the past I've called Hancock's of Paducah and told them exactly what I was looking for. They have awesome customer service and whenever I've made a request like this my order was spot on.

You can probably also do this with Keepsake Quilting, Fat Quarter Shop, and others, and some will send you a swatch to check out before ordering.

Good luck!
Old 02-23-2015, 11:10 AM

Thousands of bolts is very good in defining if its white on white or white on cream. I have purchased many white on white fabrics from them and been very pleased.

http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/inde...rchsubmitted=1

Last edited by Lori S; 02-23-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:59 PM

FYI - I posted this before, but it might be helpful now.

I recently ran out of white Andover Dimples fabric in the middle of a project. I didn't think it would be difficult to find more. I ordered several yards of ww white from an online store, and when it arrived it looked more cream than white. I located another online store that advertised that it had all the colors of dimples fabric. Before ordering, I called and asked which color was WHITE. I was assured that the same color number ww I had ordered from the previous store was Clorox White. I ordered it and yes, it was white. Here is my question. I now have three fabrics, all sold under the same Andover number, all with three distinctively different selvages. The selvage from the local quilt store is finished, no frayed edges, clearly marked with the company/product name. The "cream" selvage is frayed with a blue thread and no company name. The selvage from the third store is frayed, but displays the company/product name. Does someone on this board know if there is any significance to these discrepancies?
Old 02-23-2015, 04:14 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

P&B Textiles has always had good collections of WOW prints that are true whites. They have a new, more contemporary line, currently. Also on their site is a list of stores who have bought full collections of P&B fabrics.

http://www.pbtex.net/html/wow.html

Jan in VA

Jan in VA