Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who has the most UFO'S >

Who has the most UFO'S

Who has the most UFO'S

Old 07-11-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
I would say probably people that live in the desert, I saw weird things when I lived in El Paso. :wink: :lol:
I agree with you I saw quiet a bit when my DH was stationed at WSMR. in the 70's.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:22 AM

I made a list once ... and put each one on a little slip of paper and put in a jar. Then I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't start anything new unless I finished (or at least worked on) one of my UFO's and I'd pull one out of the jar. That did work for a while but soon fell by the wayside. I think I have to get back to it. I have about a dozen UFO's! Maybe more!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:31 AM

I have one, and I didn't even make it......lol
Old 07-11-2010, 07:37 AM

at least 50!
if you count the quilt tops,blocks waiting to be sewn into a quilt,quilts needing binding and the ones currently cut and on my sewing table.
Plus the ones that I have put in the bag and put on the shelf( baby quilt that I don't need right now, christmasquilt and placemats etc)
Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 AM

Although I have not exactly counted all of them, I do have them gathered up and organized. The total count is probably a little overwhelming. I have two of the largest rubbermaid containers full of completed full, queen or king sized tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. I also have another full container of large lap, single and crib sized completed tops. Then there is another full sized container of quilt blocks. In addition, I have 25 or 30 (maybe just a few more) of co-ordinated finished blocks, with sashings and corner posts cut ready for assembly in individual shoe box sized containers. Some of those are in larger boxes that also include the binding and prepared backing. My goal a year ago was to finish all of these "piggies" for my quilt guild's anniversary challenge. I did finish 10 but am not quite there yet with the rest. This finish your projects challenge was so popular with my guild that we are doing it again this year. (I think I'll need to do it every year!)
Old 07-11-2010, 08:00 AM

Too many!!

I don't think I want to go there. I am refusing to count. though as I sit here on the computer I can turn my head and I see without getting up 12 of them. Some are WIPS, 2 will be finished today, two others will be finished this week. I have a box of UFO's in the garage. I am not going out there to count.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:01 AM

i counted them 2-3 years ago and had 86, lol so i don't count anymore. I have finished some, have started some more, have given a few away. so who knows how many i have now :) I had fun when i started each and everyone of them, some i will finish, others i will give away and some will stay in the box for eternity. it is much more fun for me to start that new project then to finish an old one, but on occasion i do lol
Old 07-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

I have too many. Lots of finished tops waiting to be quilted, a couple of tops I may never finish and a boatload of kits waiting for me.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:04 AM

I think it would be somewhere between 30 and 50 UFO/WOP's probably I should make a list and start crossing off one at a time. Somehow I think I would also be adding to the list so it won't change much !!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:22 AM

I was thinking, OK I probably have about 10. And then I counted!!! OMG!!! I have 32!!! And that's just quilting projects! I also crochet and do woodcarving! And I really wanted to start a bargello this fall - but not until I finish a few of those UFOs!