Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who has tried Bamboo Batting???? update 8/6

Quote Originally Posted by mpspeedy
    Hi,

I have used it on two handquilted projects. It is a little more expensive but the batts are unusually large so you get more for your money. I got mine at JoAnns with the half off sale. A queen batt was 100x116 inches. I have already made two wall quilts and expect to get at least three more Linus quilts out of one batt. I am a hand quilter for hire and so far I love working with it.
    What is a linus quilt?

I was told that the results are a floppy quilt, and it is very expnsive for the good stuff. I prefer cotton myself or an 80/20 blend for a kids quilt.

tricia

I am in the middle of making a quilt as you go with it now and I don't find any problems at all. I will say that I washed it like it recommends and that got rid of all the fluff (I forget the proper term) it did shrink and it took a bit longer to dry, but all in all I love it! It was on sale for half of what I pay for warm and natural here in Canada so I was happy to try it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbaby1981
    Quote Originally Posted by mpspeedy
    Hi,

I have used it on two handquilted projects. It is a little more expensive but the batts are unusually large so you get more for your money. I got mine at JoAnns with the half off sale. A queen batt was 100x116 inches. I have already made two wall quilts and expect to get at least three more Linus quilts out of one batt. I am a hand quilter for hire and so far I love working with it.
    What is a linus quilt?
    Project Linus is a charity to which people donate quilts for sick children: http://www.projectlinus.org/

I saw some bamboo batting at my quilting shop and it was only $11/meter.
    That is way cheaper than the W&N that sells for over $20!

Kinkaju, I agree about the price here in Vancouver, it is just ridiculous! I watch for it when it is 50% off at Fabricland or Fabricana here in Richmond.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2