Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who sews with Baby Lock? I am looking at the BL esante >

Who sews with Baby Lock? I am looking at the BL esante

Who sews with Baby Lock? I am looking at the BL esante

Old 11-20-2011, 10:45 AM

I have a BL Decorator's Choice and I love it. I had to travel to another city to buy it, so I only got a 1 hour lesson, then I was on my own. The manual is great and the machine easy enough that I have had no problem using it.

Here's something I go by.....if there are a lot of some machines on ebay I assume that folks don't like them....few on ebay and folks hold on to them or sell to their friends. I have not checked lately, but last I did there were few Babylock's on ebay.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:48 AM

I have an Ellisimo and a Jane (replaced the Quilters Professional) Love them both.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:55 AM

All of the Babylock machines work great.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by emmy View Post
I have the Babylock Quest Plus with the built in walking foot for quilting. Great machine, does not do embroidery.
Ditto! Sews marvelous, but thread can get caught in the feed dogs, and misalign everything.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:22 PM

I have 3 Baby Locks, and I sew a lot. What you need to learn is how to take the throat plate off and clean out the lint, have had most of the machines for about a year or so, and have had no problems with them.
I traded up on one of my Baby Locks to a Quilters choice and then got a Baby lock Decorators choice to take to class,
Belive me they are real work horses. I make a lot of tote bags and quilts, so they need to be heavy duty. I also have the Ellisimo, that I use mostly for my embroidery and I work that to death also, but I have learned how to clean it out. Haven't had to take them in have had not problems with them. Once you learn how to use the embroidery part you will love it. Don't be afraid to go to a dealer and ask questions if you have a problem.

Last edited by nangars; 12-06-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:59 AM

I am on my 3rd Babylock which is the Ellure Plus. I also bought the Crafters Choice then upgraded to the Melody which I also still use. I am a Babylock fan all the way. Having a wonderful dealer near me is also a huge plus!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:52 PM

I purchased an Ellisimo Gold at a quilt show in November and got a great deal on it. Now that the holidays are over with I am going to start taking classes for it. This is my first Baby Lock machine as I have always been a fan of Pfaff.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

I have an Espire and love that machine. Recently she had to go in for a tune-up and I pulled out the backup Pfaff. Let's just say not much got done because the lighting was too poor, the workspace too small, and I almost went frantic looking for the built-in scissors, lol. I wish she had a built-in walking foot but the attached walking foot works just fine too. If nothing else, the one touch threader is worth the price.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:16 PM

I like everyone else who have responded about Babylock, find that they are very reliable and user friendly. I have the espire and love, love ,love it. Trying out all the stitch combinations has been exciting to me. I also purchased the circular attachment and it is wonderful. Take the plunge and enjoy.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:58 PM

My husband bought me a Symphony and I love it. Doesn't do embroidery. Still learning had one class so far.