Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who sews with Baby Lock? I am looking at the BL esante >

Who sews with Baby Lock? I am looking at the BL esante

Who sews with Baby Lock? I am looking at the BL esante

Old 04-11-2014, 04:58 AM

FYI-- for those of you that have the version 2.
when they came out with the version 4
I could not use any of those designs, HOWEVER
if you have
Embird - you can bring up a v4, change it to another extension like .hus
THEN change it back to a .pes -- go back to your v2 and it will now accept the v4 ddesigns.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:18 AM

Don't know about the Baby Lock Esante but do have the Serenade and love it. Took all of the classes the shop offered as my old Pfaff was 35 years old when it broke and couldn't be repaired. Take it in once a year and have them give it a good going over (while we are on vacation) and make sure everything is working properly. Have looked at the embroidery machines but haven't decided if I would use it enough to justify spending that kind of money.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:23 AM

I have 3 baby locks #1 Baby Lock Ellisimo, that I use only for my embroidery, for I have two others to do my sewing.
Baby Lock Quilters Quest, and Baby lock Decorator Choice. Plus I have a small Janome that I take to classes and a baby lock serger. I have had my Ellisimo for over 3 years I use it all the time, it is very user friendly. I have also seen and used other embroidery machines and I am sure glad that I have the Elilsimo. It does everything thing I want and more. I am able to combine designs and make what I want, I didn't need any software to do this. Have a couple small programs one to change the fonts and the other to change the designs to bigger or smaller, that is most all I need. Have other friends that a better software that If I need something they can do it for me. Always try out your machines before you buy one, at a good dealer that can help you. I don't think I had more than a 1/2 hour of instructions to figure out the machine. I have never looked at the book. Also a dealer can help you with any problems you might have.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:01 AM

Anyone who sells brother. Here it is Tidewater sew n vac. I'd google them in your area. I just bought a babylock serger, top of the line. I love my Viking emb machines but after using the serger for a day, I was in love with it. I know with my serger, I get a yr free of serger club and 2 free classes to get started. I promised myself after reading on here all of the post about people buying emb machines and not using them that I was using mine and I do. The same goes for the the serger. You might be able to find an event in your area where you can use the Brother emb machine to see how you like it. They are great and have a feature that I like but don't have several features that I love on my Viking. You will get your money's worth if you use it. Get the largest hoop size that you can afford and if possible buy from a dealer who has classes and good support, that's very important.