Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who would have thunk >

Who would have thunk

Who would have thunk

Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 PM

Default Who would have thunk

that I would come home today with this

I have never been interested in FW nor had any desire to buy one.
Went to sewing store to buy bobbins. Walking out saw this sitting in the aisle and stopped to admire it. Clerk said it was for sale on consignment for $200. After watching it sew, bought it. They had just put it out so it was meant to be mine.

Sure is cute.

Edit: can't upload picture from my iPad - at least can't figure it out.

Trust me, it is ad adorable featherweight in excellentcondition!

Last edited by sewmary; 03-02-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:17 PM

congratulations----funny how machines find there way to the right person sometimes, isn't it? Have fun with your featherweight....I couldn't add photos from my DH's macbook pro, either. Maybe it's an apple thing.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:20 PM

Congratulations! It was meant to be yours. Have fun with it.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:29 PM

Oh yes, they are great...love my little FW!!!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations on your Featherweight!
If you take the picture with your iPad it is very simple to post it. If you are starting a new thread, you type in the title in the title box. You then type in your description below the box with all the icons and then click on the little paper clip in the icon box (manage attachments). It will bring up a box that asks you for existing picture and you click on that. It will bring you to your camera roll and you click on the picture you want. Click upload and return to the screen with your text. If your text isn't there press restore and then click submit. Even though the picture is not on the screen it will show up AFTER you submit.

If you want to add a picture to a post already posted, you need to press the little tree icon on the top of the quick reply box. If you don't have icons to press then you need to go to settings at the top of the page and adjust your settings. The little tree icon is third icon from the right side end. The little tree will ask you to choose a existing photo and then to upload.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:57 PM

Default I did it again..

Today i wandered into Habitat Restore. I've been looking for a cabinet to drop one of my current machines into. They had 2 cabinets with machines. Both were singers. The first cabinet was laminate with no drawers, but it did have the fold down top so the workspace is big. The machine was filthy. Thats ok cuz i'm only interested in the cabinet. The second cabinet was solid wood with two drawers but the workspace is smaller. The cabinet is "The Summit, a sleek, contemporary". (Contemporary to 1970). But, i examined the machine, its a singer model 728 from 1970. Its not very dirty and things move. That settled it for me, thats the cabinet and machine i bought. $40... Now i'm thinking i can clean the machine up and keep it in the cabinet. Ummm...that makes 5 machines and i only have two hands, not ten! I just can't seem to pass up these deals. I bought a 1975 Kenmore at the Restore a few months ago for $35 and its my favorite machine.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
that I would come home today with this

I have never been interested in FW nor had any desire to buy one.
Went to sewing store to buy bobbins. Walking out saw this sitting in the aisle and stopped to admire it. Clerk said it was for sale on consignment for $200. After watching it sew, bought it. They had just put it out so it was meant to be mine.

Sure is cute.

Edit: can't upload picture from my iPad - at least can't figure it out.

Trust me, it is ad adorable featherweight in excellentcondition!
Congrats on your good buy. Since it was a sewing store, it's a wonder it wasn't $400
Old 03-02-2013, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jo C View Post
Today i wandered into Habitat Restore. I've been looking for a cabinet to drop one of my current machines into. They had 2 cabinets with machines. Both were singers. The first cabinet was laminate with no drawers, but it did have the fold down top so the workspace is big. The machine was filthy. Thats ok cuz i'm only interested in the cabinet. The second cabinet was solid wood with two drawers but the workspace is smaller. The cabinet is "The Summit, a sleek, contemporary". (Contemporary to 1970). But, i examined the machine, its a singer model 728 from 1970. Its not very dirty and things move. That settled it for me, thats the cabinet and machine i bought. $40... Now i'm thinking i can clean the machine up and keep it in the cabinet. Ummm...that makes 5 machines and i only have two hands, not ten! I just can't seem to pass up these deals. I bought a 1975 Kenmore at the Restore a few months ago for $35 and its my favorite machine.
I've never seen any sewing items in our ReStore, but I don't stop a lot. I'll have to stop by more often.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:40 PM

The last time I was at our Restore they had 12 machines waiting to be loved. I was so surprised! One of the 201s one's crying out to me as I left... poor baby!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Banned

I can't see a picture