Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Whoever Recommended Carol Doak's Book >

Whoever Recommended Carol Doak's Book

Whoever Recommended Carol Doak's Book

Old 01-22-2010, 02:18 PM

There is also another book, which I think is really a good one for anyone who is 'leery' of doing paper piecing.

Perfect Blocks in Minutes (60 blocks), the Make It Simpler way by Anita Grossman Soloman .. her book is filled with patterns and step-by-step instructions :D Her book is sold on Amazon but I saw a few on e-Bay as well - just be sure to check the prices closely, as a couple of the e-Bay auctions were actually more than purchasing the book from Amazon (including shipping).

Review about the book:
http://www.quiltersreview.com/articl...k/050606_a.asp
Old 01-23-2010, 11:50 AM

Hi Ladies Reading about your paper piecing. I just love it. Took a class with Carol Doak last year. She is great. I use my add-a-quarter ruler all the time. If you browse around the web you can also get her paper for about $7. Sometimes connecting threads has it on sale. You should all think about joining her yahoo group. She runs the group and will answer any questions you might have. Right now we are doing a star swap that is a lot of fun. Nice group of ladies also, just like here are very helpful. Joyce
Old 01-26-2010, 11:49 AM

funny thought, my light bulb must be fried.......I'm still re-reading.....hahahaha thanks for the inspiration, I love your comments.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:26 PM

I haven't got a chance to play yet. It is year end and I am a payroll manager - does that tell you how my month is going? Also they upped our internal audit two weeks early plus they want it completed in 3 weeks instead of 6 weeks. Lets just say you could hear me go "snap" around the office. I am hoping that I will have sometime this weekend to finally play.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:28 AM

You can also purchase used books on half.com - they are the sister store to ebay

http://search.half.ebay.com/_W0QQ
Old 02-01-2010, 11:39 AM

today at Joanns i saw Carol Doaks "learning to paper piece"..DVD. could use a coupon and get it. I didn't look at the price though. they sell a few dvd's, i also saw EB's "egg money" quilts too. I just never noticed them before.