Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Whoever Recommended Carol Doak's Book >

Whoever Recommended Carol Doak's Book

Whoever Recommended Carol Doak's Book

Old 01-19-2010, 06:40 PM

Thank you I think I am going to be able to finally teach myself how to paperpiece. It is a fabulous book and easy to follow. I have always wanted to do it but I was apprehensive about starting.

As soon as I wrap up my log cabin I am going to start to play. Ok, who am I kidding I am going the play before I finish :D
Old 01-19-2010, 06:44 PM

Go Girl!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:47 PM

LOL, I would have to play before finishing too! Best of luck learning this. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:25 AM

Carol Doak isthe best. Probably I recommended her because I had the pleasure of taking a class with her. She is very personable and we had a good time in class. I am hooked on paper pcing.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Carol Doak has a DVD how to paper piece. I had a hard time trying to learn and not seeing it done and watching her show exactly how made it crystal clear.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:45 AM

I always want to paper piece just did have the nerve to try it yet.I am intimidated with the thought of trying paper piecing I think I will buy Carol Doak book and see what happens. I might get the confidenceto try. Thank for posting and have a wonderful time.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:50 AM

I also have her DVD. Worth every penny!

PP can be fun ---- once you understand it. With Carols books she gives you the sizes your fabric needs to be.

When I took my first class on PP it was not Carols way. The instructor had us approx. the size we needed from our scraps. I unsewed more times because my scrap was just short of fitting grrrr. So, when I did it Carols way it made it so much more enjoyable.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:02 AM

I'm sure you will have lots of fun. I found Carol Doak's instructions very easy too follow and understand. The blocks come out perfect!! I think paper piecing is a brilliant way to begin quilting because it is easy and you can easily what the 1/4" seam should look like. Oh and did I mention that the blocks come out perfect every time (front and back)!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:43 AM

LOL, you will either love it or hate, seems to be no in between with paper piecing. I love it but it is slow going to me, i am doing a star with tons of pieces per block.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 AM

Which one of Carol Doaks books did you buy? I just order her DVD, actually found it on EBAY brand new for $5 no shipping and it is coming from the UK. I am anxious to see if it is legit, they are normally 19.99.

I have been afraid to try, which is rediculous since I have been quilting for over 25 years. I don't know what worries me about trying it on my own. I have tried to find a class but nothing in our area, even within an hour and I am in Los Angeles area.