Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wholecloth quilting, fabric, thread... >

Wholecloth quilting, fabric, thread...

Wholecloth quilting, fabric, thread...

Old 02-10-2011, 11:47 PM

Hi Trina,

I can't help you with the sewing thread but for the handquilting I would plan with a spool of 1200 yards (YLI offer theses big spools, that's my favourite handquilting thread). Probably you won't need the complete spool.
Of course it depends of how densely you are going to quilt.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:23 AM

I would use a neutral color and something that I can get locally so I could get more if I run out. Most of my quilting is done with a neutral color and I also use it for piecing blocks. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Sue
Old 02-11-2011, 05:33 AM

Those are wonderful!!! You better get started now with hand quilting. :) You'll have to show us as soon as you get some of it done!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:38 AM

Thanks for the info, everyone. This is the center medallion wholecloth I received: http://quiltingstencils.com/33feathe...medallion.aspx I just love the pattern, and can't wait to start. I attached a picture of the paper-pieced star I'm considering incorporating into the quilt, except they won't be teals but creams and tans. I like this pattern because there's only 3 colors and when pieced would probably have a nice 'empty' area for quilting. OR I could do them in nice, rich tones such as maroons and golds and deep greens, adding some nice, rich borders. What 'cha all think??? This could get obsessive. This will be an 'on-going' project with no time limits, so those of you who would like to see it should plan to be here for the long run. ha ha

I'm wondering if I can't press this whole cloth or do much with it because of the pre-printing, how do I get all the wrinkles out of it?? Any ideas? I typically pre-wash, but won't be (obviously) with this quilt.

Hope you're all staying warm. It has now reached to 1 degree this morning here in Pennsylvania. Burrrr!!! I sure wish I didn't have to run out later.

Trina :mrgreen:

Paper-pieced star pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148825[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-148820.jpe