Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why Are Connecting Threads' Prices So Low--Batiks, Threads--Is it Poor Quality? >

Why Are Connecting Threads' Prices So Low--Batiks, Threads--Is it Poor Quality?

Why Are Connecting Threads' Prices So Low--Batiks, Threads--Is it Poor Quality?

Old 10-01-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Campbell34
I put one drop at the end of a Q tip, ,Put your needle as high up as it will go Most of my machines have a place that comes a part where the bobbin goes in, push the two levers out, the black case pops down,take out the round silver cover and the bobbin case pops right out , I put oil on a Q tip because I think it gathers the dust better, swipe it around , put it all back together, just the way you took it out making sure you put it back in th proper slot and don't forget to clean out from under your needle plate they get pretty fuzzy too, I use Q tips there to reach places that get fuzzy and are hard to reach,I make all of my own quilts I do not send them out to be quilted, lots of lint and fuzz, so I clean every time I change the bobbin, I do not have a long arm machine , justa regular one , sometimes I have to put imy quilt together in several pieces, so I am doing a lot of sewing at one time , still cleaning after every bobbin fill, sure works for me , even on my old machines
Thanks Campbell34, I'll try that tomorrow! Right now I've quit working on my quilt for the night/am going to bed. I've always been afraid to push, pull or yank too much (on a machine) but I'm willing now that I've gotten instruction. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:07 AM

As a disabled quilter, I buy a lot of fabric online. I buy more from Connecting Threads than any other shop. I have never had a problem with any of the fabrics or the service. Though the fabric is not as heavy as some more expensive cottons, they are great for me and I've had no complaints from people who've paid for my quilts.
I buy from Fabric.com and Thousand Bolts, etc. but Connecting Threads is my first choice.