Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why did I buy this book? >

Why did I buy this book?

Why did I buy this book?

Old 10-31-2014, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Someone here must have showed something and used this book as reference, but for the life of me, and of course I did not bookmark, I can't remember who/what!!!!!!

Here's the book title:

Fresh from the clothesline. Author: Darlene Zimmerman

...there are some cool things in this book!
http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/quic...line-quilts-2/ I bought the book from nancy notions but maybe you can it cheaper else where
Old 10-31-2014, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/quic...line-quilts-2/ I bought the book from nancy notions but maybe you can it cheaper else where
.....And dont think I have not done this before! Just sold at a friends garage sale 5 duplicate templates..........someone really got a bargain.......yes, this book has 30-40s type fabrics.....but I do not remember seeing that episode of NN....but now that I have seen it....hm that tall triangle looks interesting....I wonder if Joanns has it....could use a coupon on it.......will put that down on my list........more trouble!!!!!!!
I already tried one of the blocks with my newly purchased sizzix big shot and a tri-rec style die......same one on the pic with Darlene and Nancy.......cute, and comes out good with those engineered corners the dies all have..........I really have to curtail like Onebyone said.....BUT I dont have lots of money, just a short memory!!!!!!!where are my post-its!!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I've done that, as well. Mostly happens with fabric, though.
That's me with clothes - particularly blouses/tops. Get home, yep already have one of those. Guess I must really like it!
Old 10-31-2014, 05:36 AM

http://www.feedsacklady.com/Clothesline.php
http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-From-Clo.../dp/1440217750
http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...line+quilts.do

Nancy's Notions has it for $16.49
Old 10-31-2014, 05:51 AM

How about posting your duplicate quilting items here on the For Sale Forum. The newbies could get things they normally wouldn't and you could make a little of your money back. I'm always looking at that site. Just a thought.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by shortcake2012 View Post
How about posting your duplicate quilting items here on the For Sale Forum. The newbies could get things they normally wouldn't and you could make a little of your money back. I'm always looking at that site. Just a thought.
i have thought of posting stuff here, like a FW that needs a home, not mine!....but dont want to be bothered with s&h and tryiing to figure out the price including that...........easier to really underprice and put in garage sale and watch someone snatch it up......I know I have done that a few times myself!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:31 AM

I recently bought some fabric ( it was on clearance, at least) and when I got home I found that I had already purchased the same fabric. I just say that I liked it so well, I bought it twice!!!!!! LOL
Old 10-31-2014, 08:25 AM

I do the same with fabric. I order it for a quilt I've seen but by the time it comes I can not for the life of me remember what it is supposed to look like. I have thousands (literally) of pictures/ideas but they are never the one for which I have ordered the fabric. Yes, my short term memory is gone and I need to write things down. I am never in the same room with pencil and paper though. Lazy me!!
Old 10-31-2014, 09:31 AM

Here's a link to Amazon.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by laughingquilter View Post
I'm with Gramie B - - I laughed when I saw this post. Of course, for me............I'd be asking that because I'd get it home and discover that I already have it!! Good luck finding your answer!
LOL - I've done this with fabric and patterns! Must have REALLY liked it!