Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Have More Than One Machine?

Blog Entries
    i think i have 9 sewing machines and a long arm quilting machine total
    we can make our plans but the out come is in god,s hands nellie diaz

I just recently purchased my second machine - a mechanical Brother when my PFAFF was in the shop. I took the PFAFF in because of a short, that was the week before Thanksgiving, I still didn't have the machine back the middle of Dec, so I went out and bought a second one to use while the other ones was in the shop. I just recently got the PFAFF back from the shop!
    What happenedis the man was either on vacation for a while or had a lot of machines that neede fixing. He called me about the week befroe Christam (I had already bought the Brother) saying that I should have my machine back shortly as he had to order a foot pedal. He didn't call me back until the middle of January to tell me to come in and pick it up! He received the foot pedal that he ordered, but it was the wrong one, so had to reorder the foot pedal. I was glad I had bought the second machine. I like both of my machines, they each have their advatages and disadvatages.

I woul love to get a vintage machine as I heard they sew such perfect straight lines.
    Do all for His glory.

Hoping my SS won't know it is me sending them their SS package
    Blog Entries
    My answer is fairly simple I guess.

Because I can.

That is the same answer my husbands gives to anyone who asks him
    why he has so many computers.

When I told my husband last year that I wanted another combo machine
    he asked me why.

My answer: Because I can!

Louise - Expecting Ya-ya to be in April 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world . Also collect homemade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I just have one, but I'm saving my money to buy a second one. I make quilts and sell them for extra money to buy extras,redecorate,emergency cash if an appliance decides to die. Having 2 sewing machines for me would be best in case one needs to go in for repair. My work won't get interrupted.

1: My Singer Stylist- recieved as a gift from my parents in the early 1970's. i sewed in home ec classes all thru jr high and high school.

2: janome 9700 sew/embroidery machine. Purchased in 2005 or 2006 after waking up from my Rip Van Winkle sleep wanting a new machine and wanting to get back into sewing after many years of dormancy from sewing.

3: janome DC 3050 bought in 2007 "for classes". I Never have taken any classes but great for hotel sewing.

4: janome 1200d serger bought in 2011.

5: singer 1953 model, in the cabinet. 2011 I brought it home from my late mothers' house. It had belonged to my Aunt who passed in 1999. I dont sew on it but I love owning it.

6: shopping and dreaming to upgrade from my 9700. Would love to have the Horizon. I warned my hubb about my desire to upgrade this year.

Sandy.
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I have more than one machine because my friends like to borrow my sewing machine. So picked up a cheap one at a yard sale ($20) and fixed it up, and now I don't have to worry!

I have 2 2100 series Pfaffs. I have insomnia at times and would sew in the middle of the night. The middle of the night is when Murphy's law kicks in and you can't do anything about it. I'd just use the other machine. If it happened to be embroidery, I could just change whatever component caused the problem and pick up the last stitch.

Serger and cover stitch. Didn't like the wide foot on the combo machine.

Brother 1500 - Better straight stitch and larger harp for FMQ. The Pfaff will do it, but the noise of the presser foot drives me crazy. If you use the knee lift, the presser foot will go ah-ah-ah on lifting. I'm glad the 1500 doesn't make noises like beeps, bells and warnings.

Blog Entries
    I have four machines and two sergers. All inherited from my Mother except the Bernina Artista 630E that my sweet husband bought me for our anniversary 4 years ago. Love all of them, except the sergers.........Yuk! If I had more use for serger, I would replace those with user-friendly version!!

Oh, i forot that I also have a coverstitch. Number 7.

I did buy an $89. Janome (mechanical) from hancock a few years ago...hated it and gave it to my sister. I bought the 3050 (computerized) as a replacement.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Why does one have more than one pair of earrings? Just because. LOL

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 LastLast