Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I NEED to go fabric shoping

Blog Entries
    Why is it that every day as I sit and check out the message board I'm planning my next shopping trip in my head - I don't really NEED more fabric right at that moment, but I'm feeling I better go soon! - Like in about a half hour...

Blog Entries
    You Go Girl! just be sure to share pictures of the finds! lol

'cos it gives you a buzz.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I completely understand.. I have enough fabric to last me 10 lifetimes but there's days when i NEED to hit a fabric store and come back with 10+ yards more of fabric that I have no more space for in my sewing room.. But then there's days when I just want to sit and play with my fabric....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    I completely understand.. I have enough fabric to last me 10 lifetimes but there's days when i NEED to hit a fabric store and come back with 10+ yards more of fabric that I have no more space for in my sewing room.. But then there's days when I just want to sit and play with my fabric....
    That must be it - my destination today is Mill End Textiles - very good prices - lots of flat folds off the bolt, piled up about 2 feet deep. They are always a mess, and for me to find what I don't realize I need, I have to straighten it all up - I should just get a job there..... (DISCOUNT?!?!)

I know the price of fabric is going up again so I;ve been buying up the colors I like.Then when times get hard I wont have purchase much,maybe some tone on tones to go with what I have.Probabaly spent $500-$600. in the last month but I caught it on sale for 4.99 yd for Moda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pjnesler
    my destination today is Mill End Textiles - very good prices - lots of flat folds off the bolt, piled up about 2 feet deep. They are always a mess, and for me to find what I don't realize I need, I have to straighten it all up - I should just get a job there..... (DISCOUNT?!?!)
    I worked there right after retiring... really built up my stash :)

I only needed a yard but that would have the swipe $6.oo on my bank card. So what to do but find more fabric that will be needed later. Ha Ha :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Whenever I am feeling blue or cranky, I will go to the fabric store. If money is tight, I just buy a fat quarter. My other half has told me on ocassion, "you are in a mood, you need to go look at fabric". And it works! I get ideas, not that I don't already have a million, and I get to see what is new. If I go to my favorite LQS, there is somebody to chat with!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charisma
    'cos it gives you a buzz.
    Hahahaha :thumbup: :thumbup:
    AND we are all enablers- okay I just fessed up.
    Anyone else???? hee hee

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast