Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why I shouldn't clean my sewing room >

Why I shouldn't clean my sewing room

Why I shouldn't clean my sewing room

Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 PM

Default Why I shouldn't clean my sewing room

It all started with me trying to find a quilt back for a baby quilt. I realized that my room was such a mess it was becoming almost impossible to find things. So I began straightening things. Huge mistake! I dug up several quilts lying around that also needed backs. Next thing I knew I was pulling out fabrics for backs for them. My goal again this year is to work from my stash as much as possible. I have too too many UFO's. I did dig up enough for 3 quilt backs. But I also went crazy and cut 2 more quilts. I don't need any more UFO's.
So maybe it isn't a good idea to organize things!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:20 PM

I have to organize my space soon and I am afraid to start. I know I will find things I didn't even know I had but maybe that's a good thing. I have too much stuff. I am also going to work from stash as much as possible this year.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:18 PM

I know when I try to clean and organize, it just seems to grow and multiply! I just want throw my hands up!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:32 PM

Periodically I have to clean up my sewing room so I can mess it up again!!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:05 PM

I was looking at my sewing room the other day and thought that it needed a good tidy up but having read your post I think that I will leave it as it is. Well that is my excuse.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:59 AM

I solved the problem of tidying up a messy sewing room: MOVE!!! We just moved this past weekend from an 1100 sq ft home where my sewing room was 9 x 10 and my new room is 16 x 34. Now all my stuff will be in one area and not spilling over to the garage and the spare bedroom. I haven't even tackled putting my area together yet. That is on my list to start tomorrow!!

i do have to add that during our move I came across a quilt that I had made to keep a couple of years ago. It has never seen the light of day but now has taken its rightful place on the back of the sectional!
Old 01-16-2014, 05:06 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I was cleaning and organizing my scraps and came across gifted orphaned blocks.. few hours later i was binding a quilt i made with them.. lol.. Funny how that happens huh ? lol
Old 01-16-2014, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

I can't find anything when I organize my room.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:14 AM

Oh yes, amazing how much unfinished things you find to do when you clean up your sewing room.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:39 AM

How right you are! I cleaned my sewing room last week. I found enough projects to take me this whole year to finish. These are projects that have been started and not finished. I didn't even count the projects that I have bought and not even cut into yet. My goal was to finish 14 projects in 2014. I've started on the first one and hope to get it ready to quilt by the end of this week. Hopefully I can make a dent in the work this year.