Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why, oh why, did I wait >

Why, oh why, did I wait

Why, oh why, did I wait

Old 12-22-2010, 06:50 AM

You're going to be very busy these next few nights, aren't you? HA HA Seriously, I start my Christmas projects after the holiday for next year, put them away and never EVER have this problem. It seems kind of anti-climactic after the holidays are over but trust me, it will give you peace of mind next year and this likely won't happen again.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:58 AM

Well, I have done that before. I wrapped the UFO and told the person I would finish later. Now quit worrying and enjoy the holidays.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by SC
Why, oh why, did I wait til now to make this set of placemats??? They are supposed to be a Christmas gift for my mom. I kept telling myself "oh I'll have plenty of time to get them done." Well, time is running out & I still haven't even started them!
Well, if you learned from this lesson, all is well, but if you're anything like me, it will happen again. I have known since summer that my daughter wanted me to make wallets for her secretaries for Christmas. OF COURSE, I have been scrambling, but got them done yesterday for her to give tomorrow. It wasn't the first time I've put myself under pressure. Would like to say it's the last, but probably not!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by SC
Why, oh why, did I wait til now to make this set of placemats??? They are supposed to be a Christmas gift for my mom. I kept telling myself "oh I'll have plenty of time to get them done." Well, time is running out & I still haven't even started them!
I think you'd better think fast and find something else to give. Maybe she can get the placemats for another occasion -- or just because.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:13 PM

I started my projects (20 aprons) in Oct., finished and mailed the last 2 yesterday afternoon. Even made one for me! I am already thinking about what I will do for next Christmas.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:48 PM

When my kids were young, I always made them PJs for Christmas, sometimes with matching jammies for their Cabbage Patch dolls. Well one year, I had the fabric but didn't get them made. So i wrapped them up and put a little poem in each box. They had their PJs to open and I didn't have to stay up all night to sew them. Then the next couple of days I sewed them up and all was good. Relax, your Mom will understand.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by SC
I asked my Mom to make me a black velvet blazer for Christmas one year. I was sure surprised when I opened my package and there was the fabric, all cut out and ready to sew! She ran out of time and finished it after Christmas.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:44 PM

I decided to design Lego quilts for all the boy cousins (7) for Christmas, and some other design for the girls (5). Well, 2 of the boy quilts are done. I will finish 2 more and mail them out on Monday. The kids will get them after Christmas, but when they are not overwhelmed with other gifts. The other 3 boys will get theirs in another week. The girls will get a chance to decide what theme/colors they want for their quilts and will get them by the end of January - relaxed me, content kids!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 PM

been there and done that every year
Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by donnalynett
Originally Posted by SC
I asked my Mom to make me a black velvet blazer for Christmas one year. I was sure surprised when I opened my package and there was the fabric, all cut out and ready to sew! She ran out of time and finished it after Christmas.
That would be a good idea for the quilt. She could see it in it's "early stage."