Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why is it some days..... >

Why is it some days.....

Why is it some days.....

Old 05-06-2011, 10:28 AM
saf

Originally Posted by Kappy
I have read somewhere...do not ask me where, I do not remember :)... that after a specific amount of time, the brain actually switches from left to right sided thinking on an off the whole day. Don't know if this is true, but that is why if you are having trouble with math (measuring and cutting) switch to something that requires more of an artistic nature ( picking out colors) and then go back later and the math will come! It's odd, but I have found this to be true! I can spend an inordinately long period of time trying to figure out fabric amts. get exasperated, come back later and work it out, only to return later and wonder how the heck I did that! Of course I'm a lefty/ righty combo (do somethings left handed and other things right handed) so I think that may affect how I function at any given moment! LOL That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Will certainly try this. As you can see, I need all the help I can get just to get through the day. :thumbup:
Old 05-06-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kappy
I have read somewhere...do not ask me where, I do not remember :)... that after a specific amount of time, the brain actually switches from left to right sided thinking on an off the whole day. Don't know if this is true, but that is why if you are having trouble with math (measuring and cutting) switch to something that requires more of an artistic nature ( picking out colors) and then go back later and the math will come! It's odd, but I have found this to be true! I can spend an inordinately long period of time trying to figure out fabric amts. get exasperated, come back later and work it out, only to return later and wonder how the heck I did that! Of course I'm a lefty/ righty combo (do somethings left handed and other things right handed) so I think that may affect how I function at any given moment! LOL That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I also function as a left/right handed person. I like your story, so I'm sticking to it also :thumbup:
Old 05-06-2011, 10:53 AM

Maybe it was b/c of the weather??? LOL :)
Old 05-06-2011, 11:17 AM

Problem is my right brain tends to wander and left will follow
Old 05-06-2011, 01:03 PM

Yes, of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most! LOL
Old 05-06-2011, 01:38 PM

The brain solves problems like this when we take a short "vacation" from the attempt to solve the problem.

And thank God, most of the time, the problem isn't a serious problem.