That's what my granddaughter's quilt is probably crying. I pieced it, before we moved. Then I didn't have room to spread it out and finish it. Now I do have room but decided to applique hearts, instead of just outlining them, on the machine. So started making the hearts, using the turned fusible interfacing method. Ran out of fabric, so had to get more. Ran out of interfacing, which required another trip. Finally got the hearts all assembled (58? of them) but then decided I didn't really like that they're so thick. The solid blocks, to which they'd be appliqued, are a softer fabric. So! Decided to just do the fusible (can't think of what it's called but I have the Lite and the Ultrahold) and then satin stitch around them. Now I've convinced myself that'll be too stiff for the softer fabric (afraid the stitching will end up puckering). SO! Now I'm thinking I should go back to the original plan and just machine stitch the heart shapes, through to the backing (to which the top is already basted). At least I hadn't undone the basting.
I'm about to drive myself insane!!!!!!!!! The original markings are mostly faded out, so will have to retrace them. Am just hoping I can get through the night and get that done tomorrow, before I change my mind AGAIN! ARRRRGH!!!
I'm afraid to even think about the binding, at this point . . . .
I have 58 pink hearts, plus a few extras, for some future project.