Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Will this work? (strange new-to-me idea)

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I JUST ordered the curve master foot from Amazon for curve piecing. I saw on YouTube how easy it is to attach curves using it. You might want to check it out. I think it's worth the $24.00.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I think the colors work very well in the design of this quilt. I wouldn't like them in a scrappy quillt, but I love this design!

Take a look at Karen Eckmeier's books. I think the first was "Accidental Landscapes," but the second one (forgot the title) has what I think you're talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by k9dancer View Post
    I'm confused about the part where you say you'll cut away the fabric...'.. cut away the additional fabric beyond the 1/4-inch seam allowance.."
    If you are trying to make chennille, there are easier ways to do it.
    I don't know if this refers to #23 and #30 but I simply cut out the curve I wanted and then laid it over the next piece so that the curved piece was all onto the next piece, sewed and then cut the seam down to a reasonable (about 1/4") amount. Everything laid flat that way with no great manipulations. Simple (I'm simple) but very easy. The only negative is it leaves scraps, but I tend to find uses for those, so I'm cool. It is fast and sure!

I know the quilt is really colorful and loud, but so are my sister's paintings. It is the WAY I did it I'm trying to explain.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4