Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will this work

Blog Entries

Will this work

My friend has a quilt she would like to use. Made by fav. aunty. We think it might have been meant for a full sized bed. It only fits the top of her queen sized bed. She uses a white eyelet bed skirt. She is thinking to buy another bed skirt like the one she just bought and tacking the quilt too the top of the bed skirt. Then the bed skirts will hopefully look like they are ruffled and the quilt won't look too small. The second bed skirt will act as a giant border for the quilt. ( kind of).
    True4uca

Why doesn't she just lay the aunty's quilt on top of a neutral spread? That's what I do with all of mine that aren't bed sized but cover the top more or less.
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    As far as I know, this would work.

I added a bed skirt to three edges of a quilt that wasn't large enough to be a bedspread and it works very well. Looks pretty and isn't so heavy. I'll be doing it again. I also have a neutral bedspread to use under quilts that aren't full size.
    My preference is the bed skirted quilt during warm months and the neutral bedspread with quilt on top during colder months.

It would probably work but I would only use it as a spread, not to sleep under. Good solution tho. Will remember this one.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

i also think it would work. i have a friend that added a bedskirt as the border to a quilt that she made & had quilted. it looks fabulous, doesn't add weight & is quite lovely.
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

Blog Entries
    i think it is a clever idea... let us know how it worked for you
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    I see no reason why it wouldn't work. In fact I think is such a good idea I may try it myself! Would love to see pics of the final result!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Good idea. I wouldn't have asked I would have just done it. LOL
    I love my life!

Seems like it would work to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast