Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? What projects will you be working on? >

Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? What projects will you be working on?

Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? What projects will you be working on?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:55 AM

New Year's Day is a NCIS marathon day......what better on a rainy CA day to sew sew sew!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

I must KNIT! I have to finish my son's Christmas sweater before he leaves for college tomorrow... Only the last of the collar left to knit. I'll be thinking about quilting, tho!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:47 AM

We are playing with Olivia and waiting for her Mommy to come eat with us. Then I'll head to the Sewing Studio.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:41 AM

I will be handquilting on an antique quilt.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:23 AM

gonna start a new book and after a few pages gonna go on line.....with that out of the way have to trim a quilt and make up binding.......sew binding to quilt and finish cutting for new quilt.....getting tired of all that, will probably take a nap instead lol
Old 01-01-2011, 11:58 AM

Had intended to load a quilt, but now I'm tired. DIL came after our Olivia. We ate and played. Sent them home with all the leftovers. (DS was home sick.) Plus 5 quarts of home made veggie soup, 2 gallons of raspberries and 2 gallons of blueberries. Then I cleaned the kitchen and declutter Olivia's toys. Now I am going to finished the last couple of chapters of the book I've been reading.
Happy sewing to all of you.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:06 PM

I actually have made it to work on an UFO today,taking a break while I cook supper(computer is in the kitchen,so I can do the board and supper both). It feels good to see at least one UFO coming together. :-P :-P
Old 01-01-2011, 06:43 PM
tmg

I got to do some sewing. Got up at five this morning and no one else got up until twelve. I was working on some attic windows for a baby quilt.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:43 AM

I was planning on sewing on NYD, but things just didn't work out, for the better I might add! My DH & I go out for breakfast on Sat. mornings. I knew the LQS right around the corner from the place we eat was having a great end of bolt sale. I was the first one in the door when it opened, and grabbed every skinny bolt I liked. I ended up with almost 19 yards (best of my calculations) that averaged out to $2.75 @ including TAX! I was thrilled as I'm trying to stock up on everything I can afford before the prices go up.

On Friday, my other LQS said new fabric coming in was going to be around $12@. Whoa! No way, I never buy unless it is on sale at substantial discount.

So after we got home, I told hubby I was set pretty good except for batting. Well, with Joann's $5.49 @ sale on 90" Warm & Natural, hubby encouraged me to go ahead and stock up. (SHOCK!!!) I ordered a whole 40 yard roll at $5.49 @ and the got another 10% off that! Wahoo! We really couldn't afford it but hubby totally understands that we probably won't see that price for a LONG time, especially since I got 60% total off of batting. My hubby is a keeper! Now he says...we when are you going to start sewing again! Gotta love him!

So even tho I didn't get a single stitch sewn, it was a very productive day, LOL!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Fabric is going up. I'm buying all I can for my web site even though it won't be up and running until Feb 1. I try to keep my prices really low, but offer quilt shop quality. Hope you all will visit when its ready. lindaraestreasures.com.